Camera Club

blondievp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi

I’m just wondering would I benefit from joining a camera club. I am an amateur photographer looking to improve my photography. I believe that I am past the point and shot stage and I am now experimenting with all the settings on my Nikon D60, sometimes I am a little disappointed with the results that I achieve as they are not the result that I want.

I have been looking at the local camera website and so far it looks good, I was just wondering what normally happens at the camera club as on the website is just has a meeting title and doesn’t really go in to much detail. Just wanted to know a bit more about camera club meeting and what they generally involve.

[FONT=&quot]Thanks VP[/FONT] :D

All clubs are different. I suggest you go to this club and see for yourself.

[FONT=&quot]I understand that all clubs are different and it will vary in each club, but was just wondering if there are general things that are done beside competitions Are you in a camera club or been in one in the past.

vp
[/FONT]

I am in 3, and each one is different. Do things differently, and have different intentions. Again, call the camera club and ask them questions and decide if it is right for you.

A club is, in many ways, like a forum and it depends on the people participating. When I first took up photography I joined a club when I moved to a new town. For me, it was great. There were a lot of people who knew more than I knew and were willing to share. The were a few jerks but it didn't take long to figure out who they were. The club also arranged visits to places I would not have had access to on my own. That was appreciated, too. I also got to see a lot of different cameras and formats and heard the advantages of each.

All in all, for me, it was a very positive experience.

For me, it has been the best investment so far. We have a great club with very helpful and welcoming people. It has been the best thing I have done yet, including classes and books!

As mentioned above, each is different, and you'll have to experience them to decide!

Thanks, I think I will head down to the local club and have a trial run. :)

Most reactions

Back