Camera for a beginner going on safari and for daily use.

rvdtempel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,

I have been looking a a couple of days now for a new camera that can do these things:

Budget is around 500€.

• Good enough in low light.
  • Good zoom.
  • Wifi/Bluetooth
  • Display (touch is not needed)
  • 4k Video
A lot of people advice the a DSLR camera. But I don't want to drag mutliple lenses around with a big body. And I have no experience in advanced cameras. I just like to take nice pictures that I can hang on the wall in a frame or to take pictures of my family. I do like good quality to.

So I am thinking that a Bridge camera should work well but I have difficulty find the right one. Lots of people advice these camera's:

• Panasonic LUMIX FZ 300
  • Panasonic lumix fz1000
But they were made in 2014/2015. These must be something newer with more options?

I know the Canon Powershot SX70 HS is coming out but apperently it is not good in low light because of the small sensor. (Is what I have been reading somewhere else).

So I am a bit lost. Can anyone help me out with some advice?

An advice of a camera that comes close to my list of what I like would be gread to.

Thank you very much!!

Hello and welcome, Panasonic do a good range of Bridge and compact cameras

I think the Panasonic fz1000 is a good choice. It has a 1" sensor and good zoom (400 mm equivalent).
Panasonic FZ300 has more range, but a 1/2.3 sensor. If I was going with that size sensor, I would go with the new Nikon P900 which has a ridiculously long zoom (2000 mm equivalent).

I like the Panasonic ZS100 also. It has a 1" sensor, but a shorter 250 mm equivalent range. It may be a little short for a safari, but is a nice all around camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back