camera identification - D. Shackman & Sons PL1

rknudsen1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi

I recently purchased this camera in a lot of old camera equipment.

I have not yet found a description of the camera online and would like to have some help identifying which film it uses (probably not manufactured any more) and what intended use of the camera was and how it is operated.

camera front (SD card for size) - the lens reads Wray London 135mm "Lustrar" f4.8
front.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220829_141546.jpg
    IMG_20220829_141546.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:
The back reads: Polaroid Land Camera Model No PL1 Serial No 496
Made in England by
D. Shackman & Sons
London & Chesham
back1.jpg

Last edited:
The top has the numbers 1 through 7 and it looks like the front metal plate with the lens attachment should be able to slide (but I haven´t tried loosening the screws yet)
IMG_20220829_141616.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220829_141546.jpg
    IMG_20220829_141546.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 24
Thanks!

It looks about the same with the metal plate, but the lens assembly looks quite different and it does not look like mine fits inside that kind of housing (also, I would imagine that a fixed purpose camera like that would not have a focusing mechanism, and mine has markings for 1.25 (feet perhaps as it was made in England) - infinity.

Thanks!

It looks about the same with the metal plate, but the lens assembly looks quite different and it does not look like mine fits inside that kind of housing (also, I would imagine that a fixed purpose camera like that would not have a focusing mechanism, and mine has markings for 1.25 (feet perhaps as it was made in England) - infinity.
Also, I am wondering what the sliding function and the markings 1-7 are for.

Perhaps it is an interchangeable back, but what would the markings then be used for?

Most reactions

Back