camera in car

Jus7 A Phas3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Would your camera be damged if you were to leave it in your car during thte summer time for a few hours? ha I know there are alot of factors in this but just genrally would be messed up your camera?

leave it in the boot ("trunk" for you Americans). normally in the boot it gets not so hot that quickly, also it is out of sight for thieves.

Cameras are pretty tough though, and when you shoot outside, you might have it in the direct sunlight for hours as well.

I leave my camera in the car somtimes but most of the time i am using it just put it out of the direct sunlight so it dont get to warmed up

Bad move to leave it in the car... theives love breaking in and grabbing something easy.

Stick it in the trunk. Out of sight, out of mind.

It is also often cooler in there becuase there is no sun coming in.

Never left my DSLR in car period. Have left P&S in glove compartment before. Heat (a couple hours worth) did not seem to affect it's operation.

Not sure what part of world you live. In Bay Area, CA ... people break into cars to steal portable DVD players which costs less then $200. Would not want to tempt anyone with DSLR. Plus you have to go through hassle+cost of filling police report and repairing broken glass.

DSLR stays in bag/backpack until I'm ready to use - bag/backpack stays on me :)

With digital, I'd hide it from thievs. But The heat really isn't going to do anything to it. But Film isn't good for film. Film should be stored in cool temps.

Most reactions

Back