Camera info

anitaroy121

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Let me come straight to the point the reason which has brought me here. I have little to do with photography and am also having little idea about cameras. But this is something I want to gift my cousin on his birthday he being crazy about snapping pictures. He has always told me how he would love to get a camera which helps him to shoot far distance things or stuffs like that. Now I have thought to give him one such camera as his presentation, but can you help me in regard to the best camera for his purpose and the cost that I can expect to be incurred?

As Mike questioned, your budget will guide the response here. You can spend anywhere from $20 to $20K on a single camera.
A disposable film camera can be had for under $50. You can get some very nice used film SLR (single lens reflex) cameras that use interchangeable lenses from $50-300. You can also find nice used or new Digital SLR or DSLR from around $300 - $800+. If you are so inclined, high end professional DSLRs start at around $1300 all the way up to $20K or more for a Hasselblad.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back