camera longevity

Rambo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
is there a way of making the batteries last longer in my digital they always seem to run out what brands are best?

:mrgreen:

What brands are you using? What type of battery? I'm blindly guessing that it uses double A (AA) batteries? If so when using a camera that used those, I found the best results were with rechargables. The best results were with some high-quality, high-price Sony brand rechargables. Alternately I used Energizer and had no problems.

I think the key is having two sets of batteries, one main, and one backup set. Keeping both fully charged. Using this method I never ran out of juice. I'd recommend trying that before anything else.

One last thing, if you're already using rechargeables and only recently the camera runs out fast, the batteries are probably past their prime and need replacing. Rechargables can only be recharged so many times before they run out of steam.

Almost missed the first part of your question. As far as making them last longer?

You can reduce or turn off the length of image review on the LCD. Likewise you can turn off the preview as well if you only use the viewfinder. Both of these features allow you to see what the result of what your photo will be but at the cost of battery life.

Those two features alone can successfully kill a battery's life fast. Besides those, there really isn't much else that will save the battery life on a digital camera.

For my DSLR holding the button to the first stop (enables light metering and autofocussing and perhaps other magical things ;-)) for longer times will also drain the battery faster.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back