Camera memory. Any differnce between brands?

Axel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am planning to buy the Canon A520, but I need to know if there is any difference between the brands/type of memory.

Appreciate answer ASAP since I am about to order it.

Axel!

I saw an article by someone who had tested most of the different brands and speeds...not really too much of a difference.

As for types...there are different formats...like SD or CF. Make sure to get the right format.

There are also microdrives...which are small hard drives...compared to the solid state memory of most cards. I don't like the idea of tiny moving parts...not as durable.

I like to stick to main brands...Sandisk, Lexar etc. But unless it's a really cheap knock-off...you will probably be OK with most cards.

As for high-speed cards...I don't think they are worth the extra money...unless you are a professional shooting things like sports...or need to upload the cards in a hurry.

High speed cards are sometimes worth the cost if you are doing a lot of fast, continous shooting where the higher write speeds free up the buffer faster and you get more shots in. However, in a Canon A520 I don't think it would make a big difference

Most reactions

New Topics

Back