Camera Question from a Student

Sorry for the delayed follow-up/necropost. I just wanted to thank everyone for their great input.

Also, in response to the person who surmised that I'm not really super-interested in photography, I didn't mean to give that impression. I do want to take great pictures, since I know how important quality photography is to graphic design, which is the field I'm studying. However, I also know that I have a tendency to bungle things that are technological in nature, including complicated cameras.

So I guess I'm looking for a camera that, while conforming to the specs outlined in the original post, gives me the best results for the least amount of headaches. But I'm definitely interested in doing high-quality work. Thanks!

So I guess I'm looking for a camera that, while conforming to the specs outlined in the original post, gives me the best results for the least amount of headaches. But I'm definitely interested in doing high-quality work. Thanks!

High Quality = learning curve. There is no camera that will produce high quality pics without the photographer possessing the knowledge to attain said high quality. Basically, any of the cameras suggested in this thread will yield high quality pics once you have learned to use the camera to get what you want. This requires learning the mechanics of both photography and cameras.

Most reactions

Back