Camera Question

If you click on 'Tech Specs' it lists the lens in there...so I would say that yes, it does include the lens.

Welcome to the forum b.t.w.

Thanks. I've actually spent about a month on this forum learning. Just never made an account. I waited so long because my mom's idea of a camera for me was a P&S Kodak. I shot a ton with it and realized I needed to step my game up. So I'm so stoked to get my D40.

Thanks for the help as well.

The US Authorized D40 comes with the 18-55 lens as pictured. D40's sold here without lenses are gray market, and Dell doesn't sell any gray market products, so yes, it will come with that lens.

I was in a similar situation

and trust me, you will take over 1000 pictures in the first day!

ATM I have a ScanDisk 52MB memory card. Is that too small?

The US Authorized D40 comes with the 18-55 lens as pictured. D40's sold here without lenses are gray market, and Dell doesn't sell any gray market products, so yes, it will come with that lens.

I'm not trying to imply anything about Dell as I know nothing about them. However, this points out one reason why I've been very pleased with B&H. You ALWAYS know EXACTLY what you're going to get in the package. Period.

ATM I have a ScanDisk 52MB memory card. Is that too small?
It's not 'too small'...but I would certainly recommend getting more memory. 2GB and even 4GB cards aren't very expensive anymore.

Since I don't want to keep making threads. 1 more question.

When I've been shooting with my Kodak Point and Shoot. In the menu-Picture size. It goes from 1.2MP to 8.1MP. I don't really understand it. Will the size affect quality? I just have it lowest so it takes less memory.

There are a few factors that you can set to change the file size. One is the image size (number of pixels) and the other is usually the quality (or something similar).

I suggest that you (or anyone) always use the highest quality setting and the biggest size. Sure, it fills the cards faster but memory is cheap. You can always shrink an image afterward, but it's a lot harder to make it bigger if you only recorded a small image in the first place.

Most reactions

Back