Camera strap for pro body and lens?

Lightsped

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
What are some decent camera straps for a 6.5-7.5 lb camera setup? I won't need any quick release clamps as the strap will stay on the body at all times. Body is a Nikon D800.
Thanks

Quick release connectors are more useful than you think, because its not about taking the strap off, its about keeping the strap on whilst being able to use it on a tripod without the strap getting in the way.

OPTech makes a good strap which has a wide padded neckstrap and quick release buckles.

If you're going with very heavy lenses remember sometimes its easier to use the tripod collar as a handle whilst carrying than it is to use the neckstrap.

Yes, I plan to use the camera with a tripod at times. I am looking at the Joby Pro strap (link below). How would this one do? My main thing is I am basically just trying to upgrade the thin Nikon strap that comes with the body.... I don't need anything complex. Just a thicker strap that won't fail.
Thanks
JOBY Pro Sling Strap for Professional DSLRs

Quick release connectors are more useful than you think, because its not about taking the strap off, its about keeping the strap on whilst being able to use it on a tripod without the strap getting in the way.

OPTech makes a good strap which has a wide padded neckstrap and quick release buckles.

If you're going with very heavy lenses remember sometimes its easier to use the tripod collar as a handle whilst carrying than it is to use the neckstrap.

Are you after shoulder or neck strap? The OPTech is a neckstrap whilst the one you've linked to is a shoulder strap. Shoulder strap wise Black Rapid makes a very popular shoulder strap.

Well, I suppose I am looking for a neckstrap. Baiscally just a more sturdy replacement than the strap that comes with the cameras by default....
Thanks

I use a Black Rapid "sling" type strap, then added their "Arcatech Swift Clamp". This allows you to leave an Arca-Swiss plate on the camera body and/or lens collars and just clamp the strap to the plate.

Black Rapid Sport. Done did.

I use my old CPS straps; not sure who makes them, though. Opteka, maybe?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back