Camera Strap

SuzukiGS750EZ

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys. I own a Canon 5D IV with a battery grip and two batteries. Largest lens i carry is a canon 100-400 II with 1.4x converter. I have a really right stuff clamp on my current strap which i'd like to use with my arca swiss plates i bought to go along with it. The current strap i have is aftermarket but thin which makes the camera dig into my neck when i carry cross body and i feel like i'm carrying a 25 pound sack of potatoes on my neck. I like to hike around in the woods and walk fields, mostly for bird photography. I know black rapid makes wider, padded straps but i don't know which to go with or if another company sells a better strap. Any ideas?

Have you thought about a padded section to slide onto the strap

Have you thought about a padded section to slide onto the strap
I think the way the weight is distributed on the strap it would help with the uncomfortable digging in but that's it. I need something like a black rapid with the wider padding and centered strap. The strap I have can be used cross body but is not angled like the black rapid ones. I know I keep mentioning BR but they're all I've really seen. I'm open to other companies.

i really like my peak design strap. it's a wide, unpadded strap, but it doesn't dig in to my shoulder when i carry it. adjusting the length of the strap is really easy, i adjust it all the time depending on what camera/lens combo i have on it.

The one I have now is the lumalabs cinch. It's the original one. I invested in a really right stuff strap clamp and a bunch of acratech plates for my battery grip(s) and lenses. So I'd like a strap I can use with that clamp as it wasn't cheap.

The reason that the blackrapid straps won't work is i can't use the strap bosses on the clamp. I know i can install the eyelet that comes with the blackrapid straps but that seems pretty chunky of a setup... This is the clamp:

https://www.reallyrightstuff.com/b2-fabn

Last edited:
Check out USAGEAR ... the best value in straps I've ever found.

Does your RRS Arca plate have QD socket like this one?

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 4.15.16 PM.png

If so you can ditch the screw clamp and go with a Magpul strap and QD which snaps right into the socket like this. Then you get a premium quality strap and "bullet" proof QD arrangement. BTW, Magpul make a padded sling too, Padded MS-1 and add a connector and QD and you are done.

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 4.15.04 PM.png

View attachment 202800

If so you can ditch the screw clamp and go with a Magpul strap and QD which snaps right into the socket like this. Then you get a premium quality strap and "bullet" proof QD arrangement. BTW, Magpul make a padded sling too, Padded MS-1 and add a connector and QD and you are done.

View attachment 202801
That's awesome! I bought the peak slide and attached it to my clamp plate. It works. I like how it's modular and I can skip the plate and go to the camera bosses if I wanted to. I'll have to check my plates though!

Peak Design is my favorite strap.

View attachment 202800

View attachment 202801
Yes, my plate does have the socket. I checked today

Most reactions

New Topics

Back