Camera Switches from RAW to JPEG and Back?

sojourn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was trying to take some pictures of small wildflowers in the darkening evening light, and of the 40 or so images I took, two came out JPEG, while the rest taken to that point had all been RAW, and resumed being RAW after the two JPEGs.

What the heck is going on? I didn't change anything (that I am aware of) :confused:

Did you by chance slip the mode dail whilst you were shooting? Program mode will support RAW but full auto only takes images in JPEG mode.

Did you by chance slip the mode dail whilst you were shooting? Program mode will support RAW but full auto only takes images in JPEG mode.

Yeppers! :lol: I forgot I had switched to the flash mode for those images. Thank you for jogging my memory...I was truly perplexed!

It is rare that I don't recognize a wildflower in my area, and apparently the unusual and generous rainfall we've had this winter has made some sprout that I've never seen before, nor can I find it in my wildflower books.

I'm going back with my tripod and better lighting to snap some more. I wish I had a good macro lens right now!

Most reactions

Back