Camera Upgrade?!!!

PhotoAVE247

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello

I would like to get some suggestions for a camera upgrade.
I currently shoot with a Canon T3i. My interests as are event photography- Parties, Weddings, Social event, etc. As well as doing videography at these events. I have also done personal photo shoots.
Which camera would you suggest I upgrade to at this time?

PhototAVE247.wordpress.com

How is the T3i lacking what you need?

I have had this camera for about 5 years. Im just looking for a replacement Full Frame Camera. I was told that is better for recording weddings and events. Eventhough Ive had my camera for 5 years Im just now actively using it and trying to take it a step further.
I will keep my T3i just want to get an additional camera.

I have had this camera for about 5 years. Im just looking for a replacement Full Frame Camera. I was told that is better for recording weddings and events. Eventhough Ive had my camera for 5 years Im just now actively using it and trying to take it a step further.

Problem
The T3i is an APS-C crop camera.
Most crop lens will not work properly on a FF camera, illuminating only the center part of the sensor. So you will need new set of FF lenses, if you go FF.
A FF lens on a FF camera will have a narrower FoV on a crop camera. IOW, a 50mm FF lens when used on a crop camera will have a FoV like a 75mm lens on a FF camera. This can get confusing when moving between the 2 systems.

Also your FF gear will be significantly more expensive than crop gear.
I hope your budget can handle that.

A T7i will maintain the same/similar control layout as your T3i, and give you better low light performance.
It is a crop sensor camera, like your T3.

I will let the Canon guys advise you about the high end crop cameras and FF cameras.

Problem
Most crop lens will not work properly on a FF camera, illuminating only the center part of the sensor. So you will need new set of FF lenses, if you go FF.
A FF lens on a FF camera will have a narrower FoV on a crop camera. IOW, a 50mm FF lens when used on a crop camera will have a FoV like a 75mm lens on a FF camera. This can get confusing when moving between the 2 systems.

A T7i will maintain the same/similar control layout as your T3i, and give you better low light performance.

I will let the Canon guys advise you about the high end crop cameras and FF cameras.

true, upgrading to full frame will require an upgrade in lenses
For social events, weddings, etc full frame like 1DX, 5D4, 6D, etc and "L" lenses and off-camera lighting
(might want to 'upgrade' the CC limits !)

true, upgrading to full frame will require an upgrade in lenses
I have a crop sensor camera (EOS80D) but I already have full frame lenses. The range of EF-S lenses is quite small which necessitates full frame lenses for most focal lengths. Quite possible that the OP is in the same boat.

Sent from my 8070 using Tapatalk

Problem

Thanks... I looked into the diff specs of the T3i and the T7i. So with that camera I would be able to get better quality pics and be able to get some good shots in dark light while still using my same lens.
I will also do some research on the FF cameras.
Also another question. When I am recording in day light it shoots perfect. However, when I get in the darker areas and increase the ISO or add a spot light it shows "noisey" on my screen. Is that just from the T3i camera I am using or is there some other settings in the camera I can use to tighten up the video.

I think the T7i has 3 stops higher ISO (up to 25600) than the T3 (6400)
But max ISO will be noiser.
So with the T7i, I won't you will get "good" shots in the dark light, but better than the T3.

Nikon d750 or Sony A7 iii
Just say goodbye to canon.

The best bet would be going to a Sony Mirror Less system. Depending on your budget, that would determine where you end up. Sony video is best in any budget you go with. They have a large selection of lenses as well.
Feel free to contact me with any questions at [email protected]

Most reactions

Back