Cameras from the 1990s

Tareks

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everybody,

This is a question for those who are familiar with cameras in the nineties. I'm not a photographer myself, so forgive my ignorance.

What would be a good professional or semi-professional camera from the early to mid 1990s (especially around 1995)? How much would a camera like this retail for in that period? A new one, but also a used one (from the same period, that is 2 or three years old).

I'm interested especially in traditional cameras. I understand a good camera may remain in excellenet working condition for a long time?

The brand itself is not important so much as the availability of information.

Thanks a lot for your cooperation.

Nikon F4 or F5 were the top of the line Nikon bodies retailing (when new) for $1500 - 2000. I still have an F5 at home and it works flawlessly (and is also useful for hammering nails and beating off muggers).

Thanks a lot for the prompt responses. Sorry mine is not so prompt.

When I bought my Nikon F90x (N90s in the US), it was said to have better AF than the flagship Nikon F4. The F90x can be purchased today for around 100$-150$. I doubt you can still find one brand new, but there are certainly some of them available in a mint condition.

Hasselblad 500CM.

Joe

Most reactions

Back