Cameras

Cheyan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I would like to know what are your thoughts on the Minolta SLR cameras I dont hear much about them.

Most of the Minoltas are very good cameras and I've heard very few negatives on them. I think the biggest difference between them and the companies like Nikon and Canon is the amount spent on marketing and advertising. Nikon and Canon are also know for the range of lenses they offer, which gives them a bit of a boost.

There are a few big Minolta users on here and they are all very happy with their cameras!

I still use my 1978ish minolta slr with great results! But I love my Nikon.

oh, and of the olympus, pentax? hp (digital) point & shoot my minolta is the best.

As a Minolta users (so I'll be slightly biased ;)) I think they're very good cameras. I was so happy with my Dynax 5 (my first SLR) that I bought lots of their old cameras from the 70's. I've got a Minolta digital camera now to.
As Chase said, the only real difference is that they don't spend millions and millions on advertising like Nikon and Canon do. I've not seen anyone complain about owning one.

I had a minolta slr first *until I seen a store with a canon rebel for the same price, so I made a switch*. I found the lense on it took a while to focus and was really noisy compared to the canon rebel 2000. Also it was bigger.

When I was thinking about the switch, lots of people told me that the canon was a bettery way to go. And since I was thinking of getting the canon drebel eventually I decided to go that way so what ever lenses I got for it I could use with the dslr later.

Most reactions

Back