What's new

Campanile

cherrymoose

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 21, 2007
Messages
1,063
Reaction score
0
Location
Berkeley, California
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The Campanile, on the Berkeley campus. Critique?

491944910_d13c070f7e.jpg



I also have it in high contrast B/W:
492160007_8bee38a458.jpg
 
I do not like the first one too much. IMHO putting something off centre only creates more tension in an image if "something" fills that empty space (that your brain creates something there, gives the space a weight, or that the structure you depict "looks in that direction"). Hard to express what I mean, but I hope someone understands ;)

In you first images that effect for me is very faint, if at all present, hence the image does not gain tension but imbalance. Also the gradients in the sky is not very pleasing.

in the second version this works much better for me, maybe since it is almost more like an abstract image. Also you show more of the brightly lit side of the tower.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom