Can anyone please critique a couple pieces from my photography

1 is very underexposed. While the composition is put together with the RO3 in mind, it's not the greatest balance on it. Not bad.
2 is pretty. Same problems with composition. That white spot light REALLY pulls the eye and the black stairs really suck the eye into them. It'd make a neat HDR shot.

this took me les than a minute to do

tpfhelpfruit1.jpg

MLeeK, thank you! That's good insight!

Marmots, while I thank you for showing me what it should look like...that is great help because I would have been afraid that would be too blown out...somehow the "don't edit my photos" option appears to be gone...must fix that...

Think you need to calibrate your monitor if you are worrying that it might blow out. I doubt that even the white table cloth is near to blown on more than one channel. The highlight at the bottom of the glass stem is blown. That's it.
In Adobe Camera Raw or Lightroom there is a way to know what is blowing out. Hold down the ctrl key while you adjust the exposure slider and it will show you if any channels are blown. if it turns white its totally blown.

First step to take in calibration if you don't have a calibrator: reduce the brightness & contrast on your monitor to about 75% You'll see much closer to accurate.

Most reactions

Back