Can anyone Recommend a film Processor

jbylake

Dodging the Men in Black
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm geared up again to start shooting B&W film again. My question is..Is there a processor (reputable) that will just do negatives? I know that neg's are pretty easy to develop yourself, but I really don't have the living conditions, to accomadate it.
My plans are to scan my neg's, digitize them, with my Optitek scanner, and just print what I want.

Any help would be appreciated...
Thanks,

J.:mrgreen:

Last edited:
I tried Dwayne's photo about a month ago for some processing and printing. I would strongly advise against using them. The order took several weeks and looked horrible. I took the negs (medium format) to a local lab to be reprinted and they looked great. Their printing is not acceptable. I would not reccomend them.

Living conditions? all you need is a sink and a place to hang your film.

+2

Well, you'll need a changing bag (or a totally dark room) and the tank(s) to process the film in daylight. That's all I had for years, and it worked just fine for me. I even developed my own slides for a while. A bit trickier (temperature control is critical), but I got good results using a tank and my bathroom sink.

:mrgreen:
Living conditions? all you need is a sink and a place to hang your film.

+2

Well, you'll need a changing bag (or a totally dark room) and the tank(s) to process the film in daylight. That's all I had for years, and it worked just fine for me. I even developed my own slides for a while. A bit trickier (temperature control is critical), but I got good results using a tank and my bathroom sink.

Years ago, I used the photo hobby shop on base (USAF)..I usually just developed my slides in the bathroom in my barrack's room. But if I recall correctly, the chemicals had a strong odor.

For numerous reasons, I can't have that now.

But I agree, the best way is to do them yourself.

Thanks for the responses.

J.:mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back