Can he tell me I'm NOT aloud to take pictures?

Depends how much common sense is applied to the displaying of the rules too. If someone doesn't display rules than you may be entitled to take photos up until told not to by management (not an employee).

Not sure if this applies in other countries too but for instance in Australia you have no right to check peoples bags as they leave the store unless there is a sign saying we reserve the right to check people's bags when they leave, and they can't instate this retrospectively, meaning the sign needs to be up before you enter.

Gotta love the vagueness of the law.

I can't stand shops that do this. I refuse to visit shops where they check your receipt and what you've purchased. The worst offenders are walmart/sams club. No great loss there!

A lot of times places like this will set up rules for every case scenario, and not enforce them effectively. Most people get away with it, but when someone does it that they don't like, they will enforce it. Or if an issue gets made out of it, they have the legal documentation to back it up. My boss at my old job would do this. We'd have a cancel fee for people that make reservations. For some people (frequent customers) we would waive it if they cancel, but for other people he didn't know he would enforce the fee. That a way if anyone complained it was in the fine print, just in case.

And I think it is illegal for you to be subjected to rules others aren't, but good luck trying to win that case. It will go on for months and probably cost a ton of money. And that's the reason companies do this, cause they know no one will call them on it.

Sorry about your issue. It sucks to be discriminated against. If it makes you feel any better, others have had it much worse. It doesn't make it right, but at least you're not alone...

given its a water park with women in bathing suits, I'm sure they've had problems in the past with people taking pictures. Since they can't disallow certain people to take pictures, they have to disallow it for everyone.

given its a water park with women in bathing suits, I'm sure they've had problems in the past with people taking pictures. Since they can't disallow certain people to take pictures, they have to disallow it for everyone.

Yes, but the point of the matter is the discriminitory action taken agenst an SLR owner when there where apparently multiple P&S's in open view.

Point and shoots take pictures too

It doesnt matter about other people, that isnt your concern at that very moment in time. Ask to talk to a supervisor. Dont listen to a "kid".

If the rules were in Spanish and not English then perhaps one of the pressure groups might sit up and take notice since Spanish is not a legal language in the US.

Yes, but the point of the matter is the discriminitory action taken agenst an SLR owner when there where apparently multiple P&S's in open view.

exactly.
not to mention all the people that were there with video recorders - in plan view.

as a teen i had long hair and wore 'grunge' clothes.
how many times I was singled out at parties by the cops are countless.

i have been riding 'crotch rockets' (i hate that term but everyone understands what type of motorcycle it is..) for years now.
how many times i've been pulled over(for no reason) are countless.

and now i have a dSLR.
and now people are 'profiling' that.

i'm used to being hassled but my God, give me a break.

when someone is standing out in the wide open, pointing a camera at a woman and a child that are looking back and smiling... WTF????

i read the 'park rules' (9 pages) - nothing about camera's.
i read the 'park policy manual' (201 pages) - nothing about camera's.

i'm not stressing.
i didn't get the cops called on me.
i don't really care what this kid told me.

i just have read a lot of threads along these lines and it finally happened to me.

i'm just offended.

fyi, IF we return, i WILL have my camera.

don't know if it's relevant but we paid to get into this place.. $15usd a head. there were four of us that had to pay(two year olds were free), that's $60. not to mention the pizza and drinks we bought for supper.
we probably spent a hundred dollars at this place.

exactly.
not to mention all the people that were there with video recorders - in plan view.

as a teen i had long hair and wore 'grunge' clothes.
how many times I was singled out at parties by the cops are countless.

i have been riding 'crotch rockets' (i hate that term but everyone understands what type of motorcycle it is..) for years now.
how many times i've been pulled over(for no reason) are countless.

and now i have a dSLR.
and now people are 'profiling' that.

i'm used to being hassled but my God, give me a break.

when someone is standing out in the wide open, pointing a camera at a woman and a child that are looking back and smiling... WTF????

i read the 'park rules' (9 pages) - nothing about camera's.
i read the 'park policy manual' (201 pages) - nothing about camera's.

i'm not stressing.
i didn't get the cops called on me.
i don't really care what this kid told me.

i just have read a lot of threads along these lines and it finally happened to me.

i'm just offended.

fyi, IF we return, i WILL have my camera.

don't know if it's relevant but we paid to get into this place.. $15usd a head. there were four of us that had to pay(two year olds were free), that's $60. not to mention the pizza and drinks we bought for supper.
we probably spent a hundred dollars at this place.

Take a lawyer with you...posing as your brother in law or something.

Granted they may have the right to tell you no pictures, but they are being discriminitory about it. If the rule of the day is "no cameras" than it should apply not only to you but everyone. This crap has been going on way too long.

I tried to paste the rules from pdf, but it looks like the pdf format also imported (I deleted) - I guess you will have to click it yourself :(

For a family type venue, especially when it's outdoors, I find it hard to believe that anyone will forbid cameras.

Also, is this park private? The URL is a ".gov". Not that it matters.

From my understanding, when you pay the entrance fee, you are paying for a service. The party receiving that payment must make it clear what you can/can't do. Basically, have the rules posted where you can see/read it - I'm assuming rules must also be in English :)

I learnt that for family type events, even when the rules say "NO PRO PHOTOGRAPHY", security will be lenient - been to a couple of those Disney on Ice shows where arena does not allow cameras. BUT I sit down with daughter and parents are shooting all around me.

If the rules were in Spanish and not English then perhaps one of the pressure groups might sit up and take notice since Spanish is not a legal language in the US.

While I don't necessarily support a "state language," I think this approach may actually have some merit. If the rules are not available in a format that you can understand (or even a format that the majority of Americans can understand) then I don't think they should be able to enforce them.

That's how I got out of my college's forced meal plan. I submitted a doctor's note saying that I had pre-hypertension and needed to monitor my sodium intake, where the school cafeteria obviously would have issues with providing low-sodium food. A month later, I got rejected with the statement, "The dining halls provide adequate nutrition for your needs." This was the exact same statement a friend of mine got at the same time when she tried to get out for religious exemption for being Hindu.

I appealed to the Dean. He told me to go to the dining hall and ask for nutrition information. I did. They said their nutritionist was on maternity leave. So I went back to the dean and he gave me my out. The idea being that even if they may have that information available, the fact that they didn't have it available when I needed it made it moot.

I clicked on the link posted... and all rules are in english... ¿¿??...even so there´s nothing about ni pics...I think they were just unconfortable of a male taking pics of ladies..... not sure..

anyway if you need any translations I´m a native spanish speaker.. LOL..

yes, point and shoots take pictures too, but no one expects pros to use them ;) sometimes i think that if you have a great camera, it's assumed that you're shooting for profit...

you should have said hold on one second. picked up your camera and started shooting pictures of him. :)

Most reactions

Back