Can I ask how much something is worth?

vixnic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I recieved a Canon EOS Rebel Ti as a gift. I have only used it twice but I am really looking to get a Powershot digital.

Here is what I have if anyone can tell me a ballpark of what I can try to sell it at.

-Canon EOS Rebel Ti camera
-28-80 mm Sigma lens
-100-300 mm Sigma lens
- Sigma camera bag
- Two sanyo photo lithium btteries (CR2)
- Two Hoya skylight filters

I don't have much camera knowlegdge so let me know if you have any questions about the camera or what it might have on it. I have a picture of all of the stuff too if that might help

Thanks in advance

Amanda

Welcome to the forum. What currency are we talking about here?

When trying to find out how much something is worth...I find it useful to search completed E-bay auctions.

Also, www.KEH.com has listings for many used cameras which would give you a ball park figure.

Off the top of my head...I might try to ask for $250-$300...but realistically, not many people want film camera's these days. You might be lucky to get $175-$200.

Thanks Mike. DO you think that I might have better luck listing it on ebay or here. I really want to fund a new camera so I will be willing to sell it for pretty cheap... but want to try a quick way to sell it. I have never sold on ebay before so I am a bit scared to try that avenue

ETA: currency $USD

vixnic said:
Thanks Mike. DO you think that I might have better luck listing it on ebay or here. I really want to fund a new camera so I will be willing to sell it for pretty cheap... but want to try a quick way to sell it. I have never sold on ebay before so I am a bit scared to try that avenue

ETA: currency $USD

Don't be afraid, just cautious. Establish first an identity and a profile. Then get on Paypal so you can get paid easily. After that you're good to go! Good luck.

BTW, don't accept any other forms of payment, at least for now, except Paypal. It'll save you lots of headaches.

To be honest to sell a resonably high priced item as a first sale might not be a really good idea.. People will be reluctant to buy such an item from a new vendor. Just like your warning to be careful, they are being careful as well. They will want a real deal to take a chance on a new seller... That may or may not come into play. I know I am very careful of buying for someone with a low feedback score... If i buy something from a new seller I am not willing to pay as much as from one who has a reputatioin.

But ebay works well for me, since I have been at it a while.

I had a feeling that might be a problem!

EBAY- Can sell if you dont have feedback.. can't get feedback if you don't sell... grrr!!

Perhaps I will try to list it here?? Or do you know if like a local photo shop would buy a used camera. I just really want to sell this camera because my DH says I have to sell this one before I can buy a new digital!!!

Thanks for your help

Amanda

If you are looking to get into photography, but don't know anything yet, I would really suggest keeping the camera. I think with the kit lens it runs around $250 - $300 new plus the 100-300mm. It's a great set up to get into photography and you have all the SLR funtions which in a cheaper digital camera you do not get.

But if you really do want to sell it try your local craigslist www.craigslist.com if they have 1 set up in your area. You don't need feedback points or anything you make the listing people see it and e-mail you if they have questions and then they can come to your house or meet in a public place and pick it up. I have sold a few things there with no hassle at all

Thats a good idea about the on line listing... I have sold a bunch of cameras through the classifieds in the paper. It may cost a few pennies more than Ebay but the people get to see you and feel more comfortable buying it. Also no shipping hassle for you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back