What's new

Can I do this??

robdavis305

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 29, 2009
Messages
205
Reaction score
0
Location
Knoxville,Tn
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Im new to burning pics onto a cd. Im wondering if you get a rewritable cd that if you dont fill it up and decide to burn more pics will it go over the ones that are already on there or will it pick up at the end where you stopped. Thanks for all advice.
 
yea, if you buy a DVD-r which are around 4.8gb you can use them as a flash drive, and as a flash drive, you dont format the dvd, isntead you just keep writing, so no, it would not delete everything, yous hould really just buy a flash drive, they are cheap and much b igger in size.
 
you should be able to add to the dvd, not just replace. But hey, give it a shot, worse case you lose 1 dvd :)
 
I know on my computer, I can do that.

When I insert a blank DVD, it gives me two formatting options. One lets you add stuff later, the other doesn't. ...I can't remember what each option is actually called.
 
DVDs are bigger...so in that sense they're better.

I can't really think of an advantage that CD has over DVD...
 
DVDs are bigger...so in that sense they're better.

I can't really think of an advantage that CD has over DVD...
well if we need to get into specifics, cd's have better compatibility then do dvds..
 
Is there any dvd that is better than others?
better?

in size, yes, there are some that are bigger than others, generally dvds start and end around the 4gb to 8gb range.

in speed, write speed varies sometimes, mostly it's your dvd drive that does that, but ive seen dvds with limited write speeds

in compatibility, there are many different kinds of dvds which can play in certain dvd players and drives... specifics needed..

price.
 
As far as better I mean as in the image quality that you get as in is a sony better than maxwell or so forth but thanks for all your help.
 
As far as brand comparisons, I think they will be very similar. I have always preferred Verbatim...but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

As stated, there are multiple types of DVD... DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD+RW, etc... Make sure that what you get is compatible with your computer.
 
There won't be a difference in image quality because it's all digital (it either works, or it doesn't), but there are differences in disc quality which can cause the discs not to work in some players or to work intermittently. It's best to stick with name brand discs.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom