Can I use my phones web browser through my computer?

techniker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have an iPhone 4 and use the safari browser that came installed. While I'm waiting for my Internet to be installed (anywhere from 1-2 weeks) I thought it would be convenient to be able to use the Internet PC or laptops which both run windows XP with service pack two. When my phone is connected with the USB cable, is there any way to do this?

Doing my homework and browsing the web is a real pain. Thanks.

I have an iPhone 4 and use the safari browser that came installed. While I'm waiting for my Internet to be installed (anywhere from 1-2 weeks) I thought it would be convenient to be able to use the Internet PC or laptops which both run windows XP with service pack two. When my phone is connected with the USB cable, is there any way to do this?

Doing my homework and browsing the web is a real pain. Thanks.

Yes and no.

Option #1
If you are paying for a data internet plan basically turning your phone into a hotspot yes. But it would slower than dial up IMO.

Option #2

You could do it if you found some way to convert your phone as a hotspot using 3rd party software. But being it's an Apple product highly unlikely.

The reason behind that one, your carrier with not allow this feature unless you're paying them. You can try to root your phone using red snow, which will turn it into a wannabe Android and use modified apps.

If you decide to go with opt 2, I would definitely do your homework, back up your IPhone, then proceed with caution. Also, be careful what you download/install. Any app is pretty much unregulated; and it's a hackers dream boat f*ing/stealing whatever information you have available.

Haven't actually done it.. but it is supposed to be possible if you have it "turned on" with your provider... providing they even allow it.... maybe the links below will help...

How To Use Personal Hotspot on iPhone 4 [iOS 4.3/4.2.6] | The iPhone and iPad Blog

PeteNetLive - KB0000373 - Tether your iPhone or Using your iPhone as a Wireless Access Point (without jail breaking it)

I did it to my 3gs, it worked well, but then again since I wanted a droid, I just waited for my upgrade. Droids are a lot easier to modify, but at the end it depends on the carrier.

Most reactions

Back