Can my Panasonic Lumix G2 be fixed ?

louise0208

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hi folks, apologies if this is in the wrong section but after reading the forum headers a few times i was loster than when i started :blushing:

My idiot partner has just forced a kodak USB lead into my G2 USB slot (after i told him not to :grumpy: ) the chipped/rigged pokey bit (excuse the technical terms....im a technophobe) is now loose & bent & i cant use my original G2 USB.

can this be fixed or will a new body be needed?.....anyone know where i can get it fixed?

im thinking of hiring a hitman too to sort the hubby out...honestly that man is a jinx! :x

any help greatfully received :thumbup:

Louise

We can't troubleshoot the camera sight unseen. Take it to someone that can look at it.

The camera is still usable without the USB port...

Simply use a separate card reader to read the SD card removed from the camera. I don't even know where the USB cables for 1/2 my cameras.

The camera is still usable without the USB port...

Simply use a separate card reader to read the SD card removed from the camera. I don't even know where the USB cables for 1/2 my cameras.

Agreed, I transfer from the card to computer with both G1 & GF1 but I do use the cable for our Canons that shoot only jpeg.

I tend to use a cable now, purely because a SD card that I had a lot of precious photos of my nieces wedding on, went bad on me. The contacts broke on it and the photos were only recoverable by using a service called recoverfab from Germany. It cost a lot but it was worth it my case.
The guy that runs the company told me that its best to avoid putting the card in and out of readers and cameras etc as this is what can break them.
I hope you can get someone to sort the problem for you..

Interesting... because the SDcard's interface is designed for many insertions. Its a whole lot cheaper to replace a failed SDcard than a failed USB port. I actually don't know any other person who uses the USB port for picture transfer.

usayit said:
Interesting... because the SDcard's interface is designed for many insertions. Its a whole lot cheaper to replace a failed SDcard than a failed USB port. I actually don't know any other person who uses the USB port for picture transfer.

Agreed. Ive never used my USB cord, EVER. I've been using the same 2 SD cards for 4 years and over 100,000 photos now. Not a single issue. They look and function like brand new.

They key is to buy good, name brand cards. Mine are sandisk.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back