I am the Lord thy Mod
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
don't know how to make a poll, so this post will have to suffice.

I would like to personally appeal to the Moderators and Admins to allow Schwettylens to be safely returned to us, unharmed.
I understand that he broke forum rules, but I do not believe that he did so out of spite or malice, but in a misguided attempt to make
a point in a humorous fashion. Schwetty has been a consistent and helpful forum member, and among a group of talented professionals
willing to take time out of their busy schedule to help other photographers improve their skills.

I understand that I have not been on this forum long enough for my voice to carry much weight, But I hope it is understood that my wish for Schwettylens to return is sincere, and I strongly believe that his contributions to TPF and its members outweigh a moment of anger and frustration. So please, I humble myself before the courts that they
might show leniency towards Schwettylens and reinstate him to our community knowing that his presence is a positive influence to us all.

thank you for your consideration.

-Jason

I would like to second this motion.

I will third it. And also add another reason: His triplets are adorable!!

Can I sign the petition too please and second PinkDoor's post.

Petition signed! I agree! Unless there was more behind the scenes, that caused this silly ban.. I feel Robin should be allowed to return. Especially since KMH was apparently the one who banned him, and I feel personal likes / dislikes may have been involved.

I my experience as an admin and moderator, a one week ban is more than sufficient punishment for what happened. Besides, I always found his posts interesting, helpful, and overall very positive. I miss his contributions.

I don't care one way or the other, BUT for the short timers.......

He could also cause derision, add unnecessary drama, carry on public vendettas towards other members and give ill-informed advice among other things.

I don't understand all the hullaballoo. I didn't see the copyrighted photos posted, but I can almost guarantee that wasn't the crux of the decision for his banning, temporary or permanent.

I don't even like Robin and I will sign on to this petition. He should not have been banned.

I don't care one way or the other, BUT for the short timers.......

He could also cause derision, add unnecessary drama, carry on public vendettas towards other members and give ill-informed advice among other things.

As do many others... myself included.. and you also, Kundalini! As did / does KMH! :) In other words.. we are all human....

Robin (Schwettylens) could also be very helpful and patient...

Have any of you considered that the ban was temporary in the first place?

Based on what I've read I don't see that big of a problem with a temp ban. If it's a permanent ban then I have a problem.

Edit: Big Mike's post clears it up for me. We can now get on with our regularly scheduled lunacy.

Have any of you considered that the ban was temporary in the first place?

Yes... but the question is whether or not it was deserved.. or even just! I think that is what has many of us concerned.

WAS there actual cause that you are aware of.. that we aren't? Or was it just out of spite? Was it justifiable? DO all the MODS agree that it was an appropriate action.. or was it overkill?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back