Can someone help me with lightening and or camera settings

britney18

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i have a sony a5100 camera. i take makeup pictures for my instagram. i have a i think a 15in ring light. when i do makeup looks the brown colors never show up in my pictures, and neither does pigments/glitter. i don't know what else to do. i thought about buying a new camera, or getting some soft light boxes instead of my ring light. can anyone help me with this how i can get browns and pigments/glitter to show up on camera pictures? attached is a look i did and you can barely see the brown.
k.jpg

Angle of incidence equals angle of reflection, ie light bounces off a shiny surface at the same angle it came in. Take a flashlight and hold it above the subjects eye level and raise and lower it and watch for the relfections to increase. Be careful not to go too high as to cause a shadow under the eye brow. From the catchlight in the eye, the light is only slightly above camera height

Angle of incidence equals angle of reflection, ie light bounces off a shiny surface at the same angle it came in. Take a flashlight and hold it above the subjects eye level and raise and lower it and watch for the relfections to increase. Be careful not to go too high as to cause a shadow under the eye brow. From the catchlight in the eye, the light is only slightly above camera height
Thanks! I’ll try that next time I have glitter

1st of all you must and I do mean must get the subject in focus- the image above is not !

Lighting plays a big part as does the Camera and lens you use- also I would suggest a Beauty dish as a light source - much softer than a ring light

Here' are samples of a Beauty dish light - I shot these for a lady for her Facebook page

SbO8tpC.jpg

In my studio

sZKKW43.jpg

Les :)

1st of all you must and I do mean must get the subject in focus- the image above is not !

Lighting plays a big part as does the Camera and lens you use- also I would suggest a Beauty dish as a light source - much softer than a ring light

Here' are samples of a Beauty dish light - I shot these for a lady for her Facebook page

SbO8tpC.jpg

In my studio

sZKKW43.jpg

Les :)
Them look good!!! Stupid question, how do I get my eye in focus? My camera is Sony a5100 with a macro lens it doesn’t zoom. So my eye is literally right up to the camera but I don’t know how to get it in focus. I thought it was in focus because it’s not blurry 🤣. Sorry I’m a newbie with all of it

Them look good!!! Stupid question, how do I get my eye in focus? My camera is Sony a5100 with a macro lens it doesn’t zoom. So my eye is literally right up to the camera but I don’t know how to get it in focus. I thought it was in focus because it’s not blurry 🤣. Sorry I’m a newbie with all of it
I'm sorry I did not realise you took an image of your own eye - personally i would use a mirror, focus on the that- using manual focus then bring your eye into the mirror ( if that makes sense) and shoot that

Les

Most reactions

New Topics

Back