Can you answer this?

dman1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Before i ask my question if this is in the wrong spot or if this kind of question has been asked a million times... sorry. This is an easy question but im unsure of the answer. My wife is a photographer, she has a studio, intern, and lots of clients. With that out of the way, she has been talking about getting Adobe Lightroom for a while now, so I figured it might make a good Christmas Gift this year. I found LR on "ebay" and it claims to be the real thing but it's concideribly cheaper then others I have found. If you could give me some "perfessional" advice on this, I would be greatful. Thank you for your time and here is the link. (I hope my wife is'nt reading this). HAHAHA.

ADOBE PHOTOSHOP LIGHTROOM 2.5 FULL VERSION - eBay (item 250546634125 end time Dec-15-09 19:29:03 PST)

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'd be suspicious... That's a huge discount...

LR3 will be coming out soon (not before Christmas), you may want to wait for that.

The "automatic update to newer versions" will never happen. 3 is about to come out, and the update is only for version 2. I seriously doubt there will be a 2.6 with 3.0 about to release.

It's likely you would be buying bootleg software since it's $299 retail.

Since your wife shoots professionally, Adobe could easliy consider it worthwhile to persue legal action for using a bootleg copy of their software for commercial purposes.

Besides the seller only has 23 feedbacks.

Run. Run far,far away. And run fast. The seller is obviously of very dubious integrity. I don't know why eBay cannot police its "vendors". I wouldn't give that vendor my e-mail addy, let alone CC or PayPal digits.

I'd be suspicious... That's a huge discount...

LR3 will be coming out soon (not before Christmas), you may want to wait for that.

The "automatic update to newer versions" will never happen. 3 is about to come out, and the update is only for version 2. I seriously doubt there will be a 2.6 with 3.0 about to release.

2.6 Beta was released a couple of weeks ago.

http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Lightroom_2.6

In any case it's not like those are updates. They are bugfixes and new camera releases. There hasn't been anything significant in those point updates since the new camera profiles in my opinion.

Ok well I'll stay clear of this. Thank you all for your responses, they have helped me out a lot. Have a merry Christmas.:D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back