What's new

Can you help ID this car?

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
5,213
Reaction score
983
Location
Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
While exploring a vast area south of Riding Mountain National Park on a tip, my buddy and I stumbled upon an abandoned-looking barn that was fenced off. As luck would have it, the owner of the property was farming across the road and gave us the green light to enter and – in his own words – shoot as much as we wanted. Ninety minutes later, exploring the property, I found this car gathering rust and thought it looked cool, illuminated by the light filtering through the trees.


Does anybody know the year, brand and model? There was no info or logos anywhere on the car, other than the words "deluxe" on the side and "automatic" on the back.


Thanks for your help!

p802105526-4.jpg
 
Can you give me a close up crop of that grille?
 
Honda or Toyota. I think it's roughly a 75 honda civic or Toyota Corolla
 
Can you give me a close up crop of that grille?
Here are a close-up of the grille and also a shot from the back.

$_7000109.webp$_7000123.webp

I also thought it was a Corolla from the 70's, but I'm clueless...
 
I am pretty sure it's a corolla after seeing the back. Probably about a 77?
 
I belive it's a Corolla E30(which they made from 74 - 81), The Corolla was also made as a "Deluxe"-model so thats support my thesis.
 
I belive it's a Corolla E30(which they made from 74 - 81), The Corolla was also made as a "Deluxe"-model so thats support my thesis.
I can't find an exact match on Google, but I think you might be onto something...
 
Yeah, I'm virtually certain it's a Corolla from that era as well. I'm not sure of the year, but that back end was pretty distinctive in it's day.
 
I can't help you... but i can't help appreciating the quality of that image... the first one !!! wonderful !!!
 
Ok... The prize for the GIRL ID'ing the car first would be? LOL!
 
If thats '76 plates on the car then its probably the year it was left in the field. So the car has to be between 7 and 10 years older I would guess which makes it 1966-1969.
 
Ok... The prize for the GIRL ID'ing the car first would be? LOL!
As soon as the girl identifies the car, we can discuss it ;)

If thats '76 plates on the car then its probably the year it was left in the field. So the car has to be between 7 and 10 years older I would guess which makes it 1966-1969.
Good point. (Although it could very well be an early-seventies car.)

Thanks all. This has been an elusive one to ID. Not losing hope, though...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom