Can you help ID this car?

No no no....old ford pinto

Ok... The prize for the GIRL ID'ing the car first would be? LOL!
As soon as the girl identifies the car, we can discuss it ;)

If thats '76 plates on the car then its probably the year it was left in the field. So the car has to be between 7 and 10 years older I would guess which makes it 1966-1969.
Good point. (Although it could very well be an early-seventies car.)

Thanks all. This has been an elusive one to ID. Not losing hope, though...
Match up the grilles and the rear end. It is a Toyota corolla.

Ok... The prize for the GIRL ID'ing the car first would be? LOL!

If thats '76 plates on the car then its probably the year it was left in the field. So the car has to be between 7 and 10 years older I would guess which makes it 1966-1969.

I don't think that it's a corolla, at least not the images you shared. The car in the OP has some weird scoop on the side panel that the corolla doesn't have.

Edit: On second thought it looks like both panels are just coming off. I don't know.

Last edited:

I don't think that it's a corolla, at least not the images you shared. The car in the OP has some weird scoop on the side panel that the corolla doesn't have.

Edit: On second thought it looks like both panels are just coming off. I don't know.
The quarter panel on the OP's car is smashed and the hood is popped.

If the car is a 75 or 76 then the plates must be '86. Its hard for me to make it out. So that means the car was 10 or 11 years old when it was finally left to rot. About right.

Ok so if they are 76 plates that means the car has to be from the mid to late 60s (at the very least). If you just drive a car into the ground it will last at least 6 or 7 years.

The car is in Manitoba. The year the plate was issued is 1976 by the 76 in top right corner. OH, that could mean thats the year it was made if it was put on a new car. Back to square one for me. It used to be each year you get new plates, but that changed so you just got a sticker.

Here is a shot I found which is identified as a 1976 Toyota Corolla DX. It looks exactly as the wreck.

m994p0.jpg

I doubt if anyone has bothered to remove the VIN number so if you can get it then check it here.....
Vehicle History Report - VIN Numbers and VIN Search - Car Detective

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back