Can you mix strobes with socket lights?

Foxtrot_01

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have a neweer strobe kit (two strobes 300w each with softbox)that I bought from amazon last year, I know it’s a starter kit. I wanted to know if I could mix/add the neweer 700w kit with E27 socket lights(has two softboxes with two 85w CFL 5500K light bulbs). The socket lights would be used as fill light or to blast light to a white backdrop.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can, but you're going to have to turn the strobe power down so low that there'll be no point in using them. Your continuous lights put out so little power in relation to a 300 w/s strobe that they're just not much use together.

You can, but you're going to have to turn the strobe power down so low that there'll be no point in using them. Your continuous lights put out so little power in relation to a 300 w/s strobe that they're just not much use together.

Thank you for your input. I was thinking on using the continuous light to help the strobes get that crisp white background, someone suggested more powerful bulbs, will this be possible or am I just wasting money.

I have done this before, I use 2 23 watt CFLs (200 watt) in two softboxes. But the strobes will need to used to make the background white and the continuous lights are the main/fill. Then you will adjust your shutter for the continuous lights then adjust the aperture and strobe power as needed.

Thank you for your input. I was thinking on using the continuous light to help the strobes get that crisp white background, someone suggested more powerful bulbs, will this be possible or am I just wasting money.

Your best money will be spent on a couple more strobes so that you're using all strobes in your exposure.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back