Canadian Winter - Pre-DSLR

smackitsakic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Before we bought our DSLR, my wife and I had a very simple Sony Cybershot point and shoot. These pics were taken with that camera on full auto mode in January of this year.

May not be the greatest pics of a Canadian winter, but I was looking through some old photos tonight and thought these may be worth sharing!

These are actually pics of a local golf course, which we trecked through 4 feet deep snow to get to.

DSC05964.jpg

DSC05965.jpg

DSC05967.jpg

DSC05971.jpg

While I'm not too keen on the two against the sun (3 and 4), I quite like the first two, although I think it is a pity both frames cut of tips of the trees. And the second is seriously tilted. However, to correct that would mean you'd have to cut off even more of the top of that fir (if it is a fir?), and that wouldn't help much, either.

But these nicely show the amounts of snow you get! Whoa.
And it does not take a (d)SLR to take good photos, you CAN take good photos with a compact digital camera, too, provided you observe composition guidelines and light situations and all that.
In the Photo Themes we have an extra theme thread going on "Nice photos taken with a P&S", and there is a good collection of NICE photos taken with so-called P&S-cameras!

While I'm not too keen on the two against the sun (3 and 4), I quite like the first two, although I think it is a pity both frames cut of tips of the trees. And the second is seriously tilted. However, to correct that would mean you'd have to cut off even more of the top of that fir (if it is a fir?), and that wouldn't help much, either.

But these nicely show the amounts of snow you get! Whoa.
And it does not take a (d)SLR to take good photos, you CAN take good photos with a compact digital camera, too, provided you observe composition guidelines and light situations and all that.
In the Photo Themes we have an extra theme thread going on "Nice photos taken with a P&S", and there is a good collection of NICE photos taken with so-called P&S-cameras!

+1. :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back