Canary Wharf

Becky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
One from this evening... ick, feedback appreciated, I really must practice more.

canarywharf.jpg

i have no constructive criticism, but i really like the tile pattern!

Very nice.

I was half-way expecting to see the Cricket Bridge from another POV.

Is that the Cricket Bridge?

I would hang it on my wall
would like to see the colour version
Only thing I don't like is the 2 street lights on the left that look as if they have been darkened, would prefer them to be white

ick? i think its fabulous. i really like the lighting and the tile is neat. the only thing i would say is crop it tighter on the left.

There are THOSE tiles? Like that?
Why haven't I seen them when we had our London Meet-Up last year in September. We were there, weren't we? Andy???
And I wonder: why did you darken the lights? Now that Andy mentions them, I see them overly clearly (darkened as they are), and now it bugs me (your fault, Andy, OF COURSE :irked: ;) :lol: )

I like this photo very much.
But I know that my sister would call it a "nuclear bomb attack photo". All buildings intact, but no more life. Where were all the people?

I don't think the photo is good actually, I was looking for some technical crit but hey, thanks for the compliments!

Andy, I haven't darkened them (or not intentionally) but I see what you mean, and I'll dig out the colour later and maybe have another go. And "I would hang it on my wall" is waay too kind!!

It was taken around the back of the main entrance/exit and is a slightly more private entrance, so maybe you weren't around the back Corinna, explaining why you don't remember the tiles! As for the people, it was around 11:15pm or so, and while people were still working in their offices the courtyard area was empty, to my delight!

Incidentally I got told to go away as you aren't allowed to photos of Canary Wharf apparently... I won in the end yay.

There are THOSE tiles? Like that?
Why haven't I seen them when we had our London Meet-Up last year in September. We were there, weren't we? Andy???
And I wonder: why did you darken the lights? Now that Andy mentions them, I see them overly clearly (darkened as they are), and now it bugs me (your fault, Andy, OF COURSE :irked: ;) :lol: )

I like this photo very much.
But I know that my sister would call it a "nuclear bomb attack photo". All buildings intact, but no more life. Where were all the people?

I still can't figure out where that was taken, thought I knew the place pretty well, although most of the time I've spent there was just after Canary Wharf was built, back in the days of just one tall building:er:

Becky said:
Incidentally I got told to go away as you aren't allowed to photos of Canary Wharf apparently... I won in the end yay.
good for you, its about time these jobsworth security guards stopped hassling us. Its a shame they closed the viewing area up the top in Canary Wharf as I always wanted to get a few night shots looking down on Docklands

Its just beyond the main front entrance facing the other way. If you look in this photo notice the tall building on the left, then look at my other post of the front of canary wharf, and the same building is off to the right....

ummmm... still not sure, to be honest 99% of the time I've been there I've travelled on the DLR and I've always ended up walking out to here http://www.hardpointphotography.fotopic.net/p33644701.html

its probably because its at night, never been there when its dark, I get scared you see

Most reactions

Back