Jxay

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
20080731-IMG_0014.jpg

20080731-IMG_0024.jpg

20080731-IMG_0015-2.jpg

Hrmmm... I think some of the post processing was lost when uploaded, it doesnt seem like the saturation and colors were as when in Lightroom...

C&C per req:

1. Very nice, good work on the eyes. A little more DoF might not have hurt, but it's good as-is.

2. A really cute image, but the fabric in the background is very distracting. Good use of selective focus to soften it, however it's still too noticable. As with any type of portraiture, always try and have more separation between subject and background. A plain sheet on the chair/sofa would have saved this image. He seems just a little soft around the eyes, and it appears as if the point of focuse was actually his nose; eyes are critical, always make sure you know where your camera is focusing.

3. This one doesn't do much for me; nothing wrong with it, but not my taste.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

A trick I've seen done and work well for some animal shots is selective sharpening around the eyes (which you won't be able to do in lightroom I don't think) just to make them seem more alive. Not a substitute for good focus obviously.

Cute dog :)

A trick I've seen done and work well for some animal shots is selective sharpening around the eyes (which you won't be able to do in lightroom I don't think) just to make them seem more alive. Not a substitute for good focus obviously.

Cute dog :)

I thought the first photo was quite sharp around the eyes and the second one AF focused on the nose... Which happens often... Any suggestions on how I can have better succes with AF focusing on the eyes?

I'm using a XSI with the 50m F/1.8 for these photos but I also use the Tamron 70-50 F/2.8.

O. can you do selective sharpening in CS3?

Most reactions

Back