Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
EOS 7D/85mm 1.2L II Wide Open
1/160sec
Iso-200
No Flash

IMG_8987.jpg

Cute little guy. I find it a tad soft with some blown highlights on the closest shoulder. My own preference is to frame a shot like that so the space in in front of the gaze rather than behind his head.

Thanks for the feedback. :hug::

I hadn't noticed the blown highlights, and I agree.

About the focus, I was kind of expecting someone to say that. And I fully agree. It would have been better to stop down a tad I think.

The DOF is razor thin on this lens wide open. Great care needs to be taken to prevent focus issues.

I see what you mean about the space at the front, and I hadn't considered this. Valuable lessons learned here imo. :thumbup:

Looks like it belongs in an Urban Outfitter ad.

(sorry bud, couldnt resist, it was too easy ;) )

Ya I am still learning.

I think that I know much more about the technical aspects of photography, than actually taking outstanding shots.

My composition is often lacking, I am learning stuff at a very fast rate here though.

You guys rock. :thumbup:

very soft to the point that when you get to the bottom left check (close to the chin) it is a lot out of focus. But his hair is sharp :)

very soft to the point that when you get to the bottom left check (close to the chin) it is a lot out of focus. But his hair is sharp :)

Ya I actually just shot this when I was running around the house trying to test the DOF and bokeh of the lens shooting wide open.

I'm sure you know the drill, taking pictures of the most boring usual stuff lying around the house just to get some tests.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back