Candid Portraits

Felix 222

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Please give me your opinion as to what photo your prefer most. I'm just having too much trouble choosing. :/

SanFrancisco35800x600.jpg

SanFrancisco34800x600-1.jpg

SanFrancisco33800x600.jpg

Last edited:
#2 is the best one, but none of them are very good to tell you the truth. None of them show his face, and they are all a bit underexposed.

I totally love the idea behind the pics. I get the perspective you were thinking. Quality of the photos I can't comment on, though. I'm pretty new.

D

I would have exposed it slightly more, and gotten in closer\zoomed in on the man, if not keep up the good work

What a great location for using a couple/three speedlights OCF!

I agree with Fokker, no eyes, no face, can't be called a portrait.

Candid portraits, is an oxymoron, IMO. ;)

I prefer the vertical format for the composition, like #2 but wish the vertical format shots had included his feet.

It's also to bad he was right up against the wall

oh well, i tried my best! i know they're all under exposed, but that was my intention. the man was playing in an unusual place: a dark, graffiti covered tunnel in the marine headlands. for this reason, i tried employing a "dark" or "mysterious" effect of some sort. oh well, i did my best with my 18-200mm 3.5-5.6. i guess you could say my experiment was a shot in the dark.

to give a better idea of where he's playing:

SanFrancisco21800x600.jpg

I think the fact that you cannot see his face makes the photos more intriguing. You want to know who the man is and why he is playing what looks like a Native American Flute(?). I think it makes the photo more interesting, IMO. Not every photo has to have all of the person's face in it - even though there is only part of it, it gives you an idea of the man and his position against the wall, as referenced by KmH, really captures his demeanor.

I personally really like them :)

Why didn't you say they were intended to be underexposed? And that you were "employing a "dark" or "mysterious" effect?"

It all makes sense now:

Wow, great pixs Felix222.

I really love how you cant see his face in #3 but the face on the wall is looking at you. jmho as a noob! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back