Candy Makeup Shoot

So I was bored...

You're profile doesn't say whether or not it's okay to edit, so I went out on a limb in assuming that you're not going to be offended by this since you asked for feedback...

BUT... if you are... I apologize in advance and just tell me and I'll delete it. (Or if I'm not around, get a mod to, because I gotta go to work soon, haha).

HOWEVER... minus the whole soft focus thing (because I can't rid of that after it's in the JPEG), this is how I would have gone about processing ... (although this is quick and dirty)

Your before:

View attachment 48728

My after:
$image-4248198236.jpg

So I fixed up the makeup a tad where there was "white" from either glue... or a seam... or whatever... straightened out the one line, pulled out a little of the red in her skin (althoguh the color correction could use a little more work, I admit) added some levels, curves... if I wasn't being lazy right now I would have dodged and burned a little... I lightened the shadow by her hair line (although I was too lady to work on the stray blurry hairs there, but I would have axed those too)... etc.

Just little stuff to give it a more finished feel, I guess.

Candy idea is cool...Candy slug by her nose though..not feeling it, nor the soft feel of them.

fun idea nonetheless and I dig her hair!

It's good to experiment, with a camera the risk is only time and being brave enough to ask for critiques.

I'm another in the non-soft focus group, but for me it doesn't work because the candy pieces don't seem to have the same softness to them as the rest of the image so they stand out differently. Also, on the ones where she is looking directly at the camera I think having the eyes sharp would really "pop" the images. I'd like to see some more like this done with the lighting coming in from different angles, I think it would give some depth and shape to the whole set up as they are just too evenly lit for my taste.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back