cannon s95 or nikon d7k

pwrstrk02

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i know there is quite a difference, but im just starting and i am not sure as to where to begin. i know what i want to do, but not sure if i want to dive in with both feet in such deep water with the d7k or muddle around with the s95 and learn the ropes first.
d7k shoots fast
s95 doesnt

d7k has more pix
s95 doesnt

d7k is large and a little awkward carying around EVERYWHERE
s95 can go wherever i go without looking like a photographer that has no clue what he is doing.

i want to do pet photography, rodeo, kids gocart racing, some weddings (not paid nor as main shooter, just as a friend for more pictures for them), some seasonal pictures for cards.

i have looked extencivly into both models and realy like both. not too concerned with the money because i will buy one or the other. just not sure wich one to buy. if i do go with the d7k i will be getting the kit lenses to learn on and progress to the big dog in lenses as i see fit in time. with the s95, you get what you get.

can you do HDR with the s95?

in all, we are going to florida in may on our vactation for a couple of weeks and would like to bring home some great shots with out damaging either camera. i dont realy want to hand a camera to someone and ask t==if they would snap a shot of me and my wife and hafe them run off with it. i dought the will, they are all over 70 yrs old.

currently i shoot a very powerful cannon powershot a430/4.0 mega pixels!! im done with this one and seriously need to move on. it takes pic like every three seconds, but i like the menue system on the cannons.

The S95 is a awesome camera. Don't hesitate to buy it. If it has a tripod mount on the bottom then yes it can do HDR shots.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back