Canon 10-22 fell through, getting 11-16 Tokina instead.

reaper7534

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I ordered a 10-22 a couple of weeks ago, called yesterday asking why it was taking so long to ship. Backordered.

buyers remorse kicked in and the more I thought about it, I cancelled the sale. I see myself going FF by the end if the year so decided not to drop that much on a lens I will have to sell.

went through the locals and found a Tokina 11-16 f/2.8 that was purchased in October 2012 for 375.00

guy went FF himself and is offloading his crop lenses.

meeting up Sunday to test and hopefully make a deal. Seems like the Tokina s pretty well regarded, especially at the price point I'm paying.

Rotten luck, maybe good luck. Tokina fell through, guy sold it from underneath me after he named time and place for sale, thanks Craigslist. Just ordered the 10-22 again on eBay this time, for 75.00 more than the Tokina, it includes original canon hood and marumi cpl, so all in all, cheaper.

The Canon tends to get better reviews anyway and you'll no doubt get that extra $75 back (because it'll hold it's value) when you go to sell it again... once you go full-frame.

All in all.... probably NOT rotten luck... probably good luck.

The Canon tends to get better reviews anyway and you'll no doubt get that extra $75 back (because it'll hold it's value) when you go to sell it again... once you go full-frame.

All in all.... probably NOT rotten luck... probably good luck.

I'm pretty happy that it didn't work out with the Tokina, but still a bit miffed at the person.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back