chammer
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Jul 30, 2009
- Messages
- 640
- Reaction score
- 5
- Location
- Virginia Beach, VA
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
Arrived Saturday morning...
...and I have to say it's probably one of my best purchases to date. Bloody amazing lens, and super sharp from 2.8.
Here's a sample shot, and a 100% crop from the focal point:
I can't speak for the non-L version of this lens, as it was on my list, but when it came time to buy (thanks to tax return) I figured why not go all the way. If you don't have the regular version (or what IS), or don't own a macro lens yet at all...save your pennies for this one. It is so well beyond what I could have imagined, and so well worth the money!
Here's a few more sample shots:
...and as I had heard it makes a good portrait lens I gave it a try really quickly:
I very much look forward to getting some really decent macro shots as I get time, and I also look forward to doing more formal portraits with it sometime over the next couple nights, but im pretty sure my 50mm 1.8 just got retired from portrait duty once and for all. Really curious to see how it's going to compare to the 70-200mm 2.8 IS for portrait work.
...and I have to say it's probably one of my best purchases to date. Bloody amazing lens, and super sharp from 2.8.
Here's a sample shot, and a 100% crop from the focal point:
I can't speak for the non-L version of this lens, as it was on my list, but when it came time to buy (thanks to tax return) I figured why not go all the way. If you don't have the regular version (or what IS), or don't own a macro lens yet at all...save your pennies for this one. It is so well beyond what I could have imagined, and so well worth the money!
Here's a few more sample shots:
...and as I had heard it makes a good portrait lens I gave it a try really quickly:
I very much look forward to getting some really decent macro shots as I get time, and I also look forward to doing more formal portraits with it sometime over the next couple nights, but im pretty sure my 50mm 1.8 just got retired from portrait duty once and for all. Really curious to see how it's going to compare to the 70-200mm 2.8 IS for portrait work.
