Are those English Bulldogs? I wanted one of those but
they were a bit out of my price range hah... for the cost of an Eng. Bulldog from a good breeder around I couldve bought 2 macro L lenses
Haha! Yeah, these little guys are going for a little bit of change. These guys more so than the last group due to who their father is.
chammer, your photography has made some serious progress since I first saw it here.
Much thanks, c.cloudwalker! I see it too...sometimes, but then I have a bad day and it makes me feel like I just picked up a camera for the first time again.
If it wasn't for the bedsheet, the dog shots would be very, very nice. It does remind me of your pet photo idea of once upon a time. Rather than another lens, shouldn't you be investing in a little studio gear and start getting paid? After all, the pet industry rakes in the $. It is often said people spend more on their pets than on their kids

Why not grab a chunk of that?
Awww c'mon...the bedsheet is my trademark, right?! :lmao: It's funny though...a background stand and some seamless were *supposed* to be my next purchases yet I ended up with this...go figure. I'd love to have a pair of B800's and some CyberSyncs (or PW's), but it seems to never get there. There's always something else more important. Right now, for instance, I'm trying to find a 5D Mark I for the low light capability for indoor doggy shows. I don't happen to recall the pet photo idea, however.

The only idea I recall, and still want to do, is the park bench one...
These puppies are the only "studio" type shots I ever get, and it's only like 10%. The other 90% is outdoors getting candids or at shows both indoors and outdoors. Hard to justify setting up studio stuff for such a small part for right now. Not to mention 3 of them are going to their new homes starting Thursday, so won't have much left to shoot with studio gear until at least next year.
I get what you're saying, however, and I very much appreciate it. It comes off as quite the compliment.

Though I just don't feel I am quite ready just yet with either my skill or my gear (I think the full frame 5D would compliment this type of shooting very well also), and as much as I've tried to get her friends to let me practice on their dogs as well...only 1 has taken me up on the offer (and even tipped me $40!). I'll get there though...perhaps later this year or so...but yea, it's definitely on my mind. I'm not much of a people person so pets do fit 100%. :thumbup: