Canon 1D Mark IIN

Paul Hendren

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have two 1D Mk2N bodies that I love to use for my sports shooting. Despite their weight and size they are really well designed. Am I crazy to still like this body or do I have compatriots?

I think the fact that you like them and can get the results you want is all that matters.

Last edited:
It was made for serious photography, so no, you are not crazy. You are using it for one of the main areas for which it was designed.

I think the fact that you like them and can get the results you want is all that matters.

Thanks for the support. In addition to the ergonomics I have grown quite comfortable with it.

It was made for serious photography, so no, you are not crazy. You are using it for one of the main areas for which it was designed.

I'm always thinking to buy a Mark 1v but my two bodies seem to work for basketball and soccer. I have a Ricoh GR2 for urban street shooting

I would stay put. There's nothing wrong with your current setup.

I have two 1D Mk2N bodies that I love to use for my sports shooting. Despite their weight and size they are really well designed. Am I crazy to still like this body or do I have compatriots?
LoL, Paul, looks like you got lots of compatriots out there, but I’ll tell ya, I’m not one of them!!! LoL
Yes, you ARE crazy to shot those old dinosaurs!
If you’re gonna put in the work, at least get the results!!!
I would NOT waste MY time shooting pics at 8mp. Been there, done that! I’ve got a slough of nature shots at 8mp and they’re useless! They’re great for the Instagram or digital projection but they can’t be printed big!
It’s bad enough that the 1Dxll is only 20mp!
For gods sake, at least get a $1300 1Dx, I guarantee you, it’s MORE satisfying to use than your old dinosaurs and it’s 18mps!!! LoL
John

Most reactions

Back