jeffashman

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I’m trying to set my 2000D up for “back button focus” and both the docs for the 2000D and T7 that I can find online refer to the * button, but I can’t find it. Is it like the “any button” on a computer keyboard? If anyone is familiar with setting up “back button focusing” on this model, help would be greatly appreciated. TIA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From memory but I believe on the back, in the upper right corner are two button next to one another and the one on the left is the '*' button. I think it is normally used for exposure locking?

Is it this one?

Capture.PNG

Thank you! That’s it! I have no idea how I missed it. Tired eyes or something.

Thank you! That’s it! I have no idea how I missed it. Tired eyes or something.

Hi, thanks for pointing out the button but I seriously cannot find anywhere in the menu to alter to BBF. Help most appreciated. 🙏

Hi, thanks for pointing out the button but I seriously cannot find anywhere in the menu to alter to BBF. Help most appreciated. 🙏
Press the Menu button, and navigate over to the yellow wrench with three dots. Tab down to Custom Functions. Press set. Tab right (the AF button) over to item 8, C. Fn IV:Operation/Others Shutter/AE lock button. Tab down to item 3:AE/AF, no AE lock. You can now exit the menu. This will allow you to use the button with the * for focusing, and disable the fire button on the front from focusing. That's it.

Press the Menu button, and navigate over to the yellow wrench with three dots. Tab down to Custom Functions. Press set. Tab right (the AF button) over to item 8, C. Fn IV:Operation/Others Shutter/AE lock button. Tab down to item 3:AE/AF, no AE lock. You can now exit the menu. This will allow you to use the button with the * for focusing, and disable the fire button on the front from focusing. That's it.
Thanks soooooo much. Well done. Now done. Hugely appreciated.

Most reactions

Back