Canon 30D Or 40D

LarissaPhotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.larissaphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
We just got a 30D to use as a studio camera. We have 2 other cameras that we use for events that's we're going to upgrade from 10D's to either 30D's or 40D's. The 30D's are a little less expensive right now. Is there a huge difference between these cameras?

Is there a huge difference between these cameras?
Yes.

The 30D is basically a 20D with a bigger screen (and a few other tiny upgrades)...so the technology is what, 5 years old now? The 40D is, I think, less than 2 years old and was a pretty big redesign from the 30D.

The 50D is a step up from the 40D but not, I think, as big of a step as the 30D to 40D.

40D when choosing between those two. No question about it.

i was lookin at the 40D but got my xsi to start with as my first dslr but i would definitely go with the 40d, very solid camera

Is there a huge difference between these cameras?

I don't have a 30D, but I've got 20Ds and a 40D. Image quality? No, not a big difference, at least in raw. At very high ISOs I go back and forth as to which is better; it's obviously very, very close. Features? Yes, the 40D has a number of new features. Whether those would be worth the difference in the studio is up to you. Shooting weddings and portraits I mainly notice the bigger LCD, it's quieter, and the menu layout is much nicer. It has the self-cleaning, live view, etc...

i got a 40D last june........love it! came with the 28-135mm....wish it was warmer to go out and use it again!..... summer is coming!

I would go with the 40D over the 30D.

Derrick

Most reactions

Back