What's new

Canon 40d or 50d?

220098

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 19, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello everyone, this is my first time posting on this forum.
I'm a beginner/amateur photographer, and I'm looking into getting my first dslr. As of now I've been shooting with a fujifilm finepix which has been so-so, but I'm getting into photography enough that I think it's time for an upgrade. I'm looking to get either a cannon 40d (used) or a 50d(used), and I'm also thinking about getting the ef 28-135mm kit lens, but then again, I haven't had much experience with an slr. Any suggestions/advice?
 
Not much difference in image quality but there is a difference in the rear lcd display and for that reason I would pick the 50d. Also the iso range is higher on the 50d but iso 6400 is a no go on the 50d.
 
If you had a 40D, I wouldn't upgrade to a 50D. The differences are somewhat minor.
If you are buying your first, I'd go with the 50D, unless the price of the 40D is way lower than the 50D

Both cameras are very capable cameras. The key for photography is in the lenses and in the knowledge.
I would much rather have a 40D with a pro lens than have a 5D2 with a kit lens.
 
I agree with Pierre. If you had the 40D already, the 50D isn't much of an upgrade. But since you are coming from a finpix...either one would be a very capable camera.

So if you can, go for the 50D, but if you can get a 40D for significantly less...then you'd be happy with that.
 
50d is great camera but I had that lens and found the 28mm not wide enough unless you have another wider.
 
Out of the 2 you mention it'd have to be the 50D, but only because you're coming to this level 'fresh' so to speak, if you were talking about upgrading from a closer model i'd say forget it, there's not enough of a difference.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom