Canon 50d producing "unreadable files"

iAstonish

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anyone know what the deal is here? I've had the camera for about a week and the first batch of photos uploaded fine, but not I am having a problem. I am using a Lexar Platinum 4gb CF card and uploading on a macbook to iPhoto.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Make sure your Mac can read the files. I have never had this trouble with my Canon 50D, though I did have it with my old Nikon. D40 worked perfect then upgraded to the D90 and it could not read it all of a sudden. Turned out I needed to download a patch as Nikon changed it's format between the D40 and D90. I don't know the spacific but coused me two weeks or so of problems after I went broke buying it. thanks a lot Nikon.

Make sure your Mac can read the files. I have never had this trouble with my Canon 50D, though I did have it with my old Nikon. D40 worked perfect then upgraded to the D90 and it could not read it all of a sudden. Turned out I needed to download a patch as Nikon changed it's format between the D40 and D90. I don't know the spacific but coused me two weeks or so of problems after I went broke buying it. thanks a lot Nikon.

Thanks got it figured out now.

:thumbup:

You might record the solution here. It might help someone else out. (if they use the seldome accessed forum search feature that is.)

Well the camera actually was put in RAW and I must have forgot to put it back. For RAW files there are a number of updates or add-ons for multiple editing programs that often need to be installed.

iPhoto update: Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 2.0

Most reactions

New Topics

Back