Canon 50D Specs

GwagDesigns

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.gwagdesigns.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Some guy did a translation from the Canon china website, heres what he found out, im excited, are you?

The Canon China website seems to have a page describing an EOS 50D camera. The URL of the page is http://www.canon.com.cn/products/camera/eos/50d/index.html. Since this is an official Canon website, the information about the Canon EOS 50D seems to be real.
My translation (via online resources - I don't speak Chinese!) of the EOS 50D page seems to suggest the following:

• The name is the Canon EOS 50D
  • A 15.1 MP CMOS sensor
  • A Canon Digic 4 processor (the translation says "digital video" processor, but I'm not sure I can trust the translation 100% and even if I can I don't know that calling it a "video" processor means anything)
  • Anti-shake feature built into the camera (hard to believe, but great if true). The translation I have is "Anti-Shake feature built-in camera, due to lower Shoudou the fuzzy images, taken more fun!". I'm not sure what "Shoudou" is! I suspect they are probably talking about an IS system, with the IS in the lens. I really do find it hard to believe that Canon would offer body based IS at this stage of the game.
  • Additional measures to eliminate dust on the sensor.
  • 6.3 fps (3fps option)
  • 35 metering zones with evaluative, spot, center weighted and partial metering.
  • 9 cross type AF zones
  • 920,000 pixel VGA LCD monitor
  • Basic ISO range from 100-3200, with 6400 and 12800 available via a custom function.
  • Live View
  • Magnesium alloy body
  • Shutter good for "10 million" cycles (I'm 100% sure this is a mistranslation, probably 100,000. The position of decimal points does get lost in translation).
That's about all for now. Stay tuned to this page and I'll update it if and when more information comes in. No word on price or availability of course. Since it seems to be aimed at the Nikon D300 as competition, my guess would be a price in the region of $1300 - $1500 (the D300 currently sells for around $1600). Availablity probably in the early fall (September/October) would be my guess.
UPDATE: Though the machine translation seems to be saying that IS is in the camera, I'm informed that a human translation says the stabilization is, in fact, in the lens.

Hmmm! Canon are usually quite secretive about new product releases. I would be surprised if they released such information only on their chinese website. To me, that spells rumours or joke.

Yeah right.

Well since the link does not show any page related to a new Canon camera ...

I am very sceptical to say the least ;)

why would they downgrade from the 6.5 fps from the 40d to 6.3? not much of a difference in practice im sure, but i dont see why you would?

This is what I found from a site in China.

• 15.1 megapixel CMOS sensor
  • DIGIC 4
  • 1.6x crop
  • Dust Reduction
  • Auto Brightness Processing
  • 95% viewfinder .97 magnification
  • 9 point af (All Cross Type)
  • 35 meter area equipped with high-precision sensors
  • AF Fine Tuning
  • ISO 100-12800
  • 6.3 fps (high speed) 3fps (low speed)
  • Buffer: 16 RAW - 60 JPG - 10 RAW+JPG
  • 920,000 points VGA 3.0-inch LCD monitor
  • 100,000 cycle shutter
  • Rugged magnesium alloy bodyFull Specifications
Canon 50D Full Specifications

General

Camera Type: Has a built-in flash AF / automatic exposure single-lens reflex digital cameras
Media Type: I or Type II CF card, UDMA compatible
Image Sensor Size: 22.3×14.9 mm
Compatible Lenses: Canon EF-series (including EF-S series lenses) (35 mm converted the focal length of the lens focal length is about 1.6 times)
Lens mount: Canon EF mount
Image Sensor

Type: CMOS Image Sensor
Effective Pixels:
Approx.15.1 million pixels
Aspect ratio: 3:2
Dust removal function: Auto, Manual, add the dust data
Recording System

Recording format: Camera File System Design Rule 2.0
(Design rule for Camera File System 2.0) (Design rule for Camera File System 2.0)
Image types: JPEG, RAW (14 place Canon original); RAW + JPEG
Records of pixels: (4752 x 3168) Large: about 15.1 million pixels (4752 x 3168)
Medium: about 8 million pixels (3456 x 2304)
Small: about 3.7 million pixels (2352 x 1568)
RAW: about 15.1 million pixels (4752 x 3168)
sRAW1: about 7.1 million pixels (3267 x 2178)
sRAW2: about 3.8 million pixels (2376 x 1584)
Create / select: Folder Yes
Image Processing

Photo style: Standard, portrait, landscape, neutral, reliable setup, monochrome, User-defined 1-3
White Balance: Auto, the default (Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten Lamp, White fluorescent light, flash), user-defined, Color temperature settings (2500-10000 K)
Noise Reduction: Can be applied to long time exposure and high ISO sensitivity shooting
Automatic image brightness correction: Automatic brightness optimization
High-priority tone: Yes
The amount of light surrounding the lens correction: Yes
Viewfinder

Type: Eye-level pentaprism
Rate outlook: Vertical / horizontal direction about 95 percent
Magnification: About 0.95 times (-1 m-1, using 50 mm lens on the infinite distance AF)
Focus: About 22 mm (eyepiece lens from the central -1 m-1)
Built-in diopter adjustment: -3.0 - +1.0 M-1 (dpt)
Focusing Screen: Ef-A equipped with the standard screen, and can replace the screen (2 sold separately)
Mirrors: Express back -
Depth of Field Preview: Yes
AF

Type: TTL auxiliary video coincidence, the phase detection
Automatic focus points: 9 (all cross-)
Metering range: EV -0.5 - 18 (23 ° C/73 ° F, ISO 100)
Focus modes: Single AF, AI Servo AF, Artificial Intelligence AF, manual focus (MF)
AF-assist light: By the built-in flash for a short flash
AF fine-tuning: AF can be fine-tuning
Exposure Control

Metering Mode: 35 Zone TTL full-aperture metering

• Evaluation meter (with the focus of any automatic linkage)
  • Partial metering (the viewfinder about 9 percent of the area)
  • Spot (viewfinder central area of about 3.8%)
  • Central focus of the average metering
Metering range: EV 1-20 (23 ° C/73 ° F, the use of EF50mm f/1.4 USM lens, ISO 100)
Exposure Control: Programmed auto exposure (automatic, portrait, landscape, Macro, Sports, Night Portrait, Flash off, creativity automatic, procedures), shutter priority automatic exposure, aperture priority auto exposure, depth of field priority auto exposure, manual exposure
ISO Sensitivity: (Recommended exposure index)

• Basic shooting zone mode: automatically set between ISO 100-1600
  • District creative shooting modes: ISO 100 - 3200 (in 1 / 3 increments), Auto, ISO sensitivity can be extended up to ISO 6400 or ISO 12800
Exposure compensation: Manual and automatic exposure bracketing (with manual exposure compensation can be used in combination) - Can be set numerical: ± 2 Stage 1 / 3 or 1 / 2 units to adjust
Auto exposure lock Auto: evaluation of the use of metering single AF mode - Manual: auto exposure lock button
Shutter

Type: Electronically controlled focal plane shutter
Shutter speed: 1 / 8000 second to 1 / 60 seconds (automatic mode), flash synchronization speed of 1 / 250 second 1 / 8000 to 30 seconds, B Mun (the shutter speed range. With the availability of various shooting modes. )
Flash

Built-in flash: Recoverable, auto-flash
Flash: 13/43 (ISO 100, to m / ft unit) flash coverage: 17 mm camera angle. Recycle time of about three seconds
External flash: X series of flash (camera can set up some flash function)
Flash Metering: E-TTL II automatic flash
Flash Exposure Compensation: ± 2 Stage 1 / 3 or 1 / 2 units to adjust
Flash Exposure lock: Yes
PC terminal: Yes
Driving System

Types: Single-shoot, high-speed shot, low shot funny (10 seconds or two seconds delay)
Continuous speed High-speed: Approx. 6.3 / sec. max
Low: the most about 3 / sec.
Continuous maximum number of (High-Speed Continuous):

• JPEG large / distinctions: about 60 (90)
  • RAW: about 16 (16)
  • RAW + JPEG large / distinctions: about 10 (10)
* Based on these values to use 2 GB of memory cards, Canon testing standards (ISO 100 photos and standard style).
*Value in brackets apply to the testing standards based on Canon’s Ultra DMA (UDMA) 2GB memory card.
Live View Shooting

Focus: Fast mode (testing phase)
Real-time mode, real-time facial priority mode (contrast detection)
Manual focus (can be enlarged five times / 10 times)
Metering Mode: The use of image sensors to evaluate Spot
Metering range: EV 0 - 20 (23 ° C/73 ° F, the use of EF50mm f/1.4 USM lens, ISO 100)
Mute shooting: Yes
LCD Monitor

Type: TFT color liquid crystal display (there are seven brightness adjustment)
Monitor size and resolution:
3 inches, about 920,000 points (VGA)
Coverage: About 100%
Language: Interface 25 (with English)
Image playback

Image display format: Leaflets, pamphlets + information (image quality records, the shooting information, the histogram), four images index, nine image index, rotating images
Zoom: About 1.5 times - 10 times
View images method: Leaflets images, 10 or 100 images, screen, the date, Folder as a unit Jump
High-warning: Excessive exposure of the regional high-flicker
Direct Print

Compatible printer: PictBridge-compatible printers
Print Image: JPEG and RAW image
Print command: DPOF1.1 compatible version
Custom

25 Custom Functions
Camera user settings In the mode dial position of the C1 and C2 registered
Registration menu: Yes
Interface

Digital Video: For computer communications and direct printing (Hi-Speed USB)
Video output terminal: 3.5 mm mini-jack (optional NTSC / PAL)
HDMI mini OUT: terminal C -
Remote Terminal: And N3-compatible line of the shutter
Docking Systems terminal: WFT-E3 Used to connect wireless file transfer for WFT-E3
Power

Battery: Battery BP-511A (1)
* AC adapter can be packaged using the AC ACK-E2
* Installation of the battery box and handle BG-E2N or BG-E2, you can use on the 5th (AA/LR6) battery
Battery capacity shooting (Based on CIPA testing standards): 50 percent of the normal use of flash photography: 23 ° C/73 ° F at about 640. 0 ° C/32 ° F at about 540. 50% of the use of flash photography of real-time display: 23 ° C/73 ° F at about 170. 0 ° C/32 ° F at about 130.
Size and weight

Size (Width x x high-thick): 145.5×107.8×73.5 mm / 5.7 x4.2×2.9 inches
Weight: About 730 grams / 25.7 ounces (body only)
Operating Environment

Temperature range: 0 ° C-40 ° C/32 ° F-104 ° F
Working humidity range: 85 percent or less
Battery BP-511A

Type: Rechargeable lithium batteries
Rated voltage: 7.4 V DC
Battery capacity: 1390 mA
Size (Width x x high-thick): 38×21x55 mm / 1.5 x0.8×2.2 inches
Weight: About 82 grams / 2.9 ounces
Battery Charger: CB-5L
With battery BP-511A, BP-514, BP-511 or BP-512
The length of the power cord: About 1.8 m / 5.9 ft.
Charging time: About 100 minutes
Input Voltage: 100-240 V AC
Output voltage: 8.4 V DC
Temperature range: 0 ° C-40 ° C/32 ° F-104 ° F
Working humidity range:
85 percent or less
Size (Width x x high-thick): 91×67x32.3 mm / 3.6 x2.6×1.3 inches
Weight About 105 grams / 3.7 ounces (not including the power cord)

They had the page up, but took it down pretty quickly, leading some people to believe it was a purposeful leak. All the same, its coming and I'm sure were going ot hear what exactly is in it at Photokina.

They had the page up, but took it down pretty quickly, leading some people to believe it was a purposeful leak. All the same, its coming and I'm sure were going ot hear what exactly is in it at Photokina.

Why hear? See! At least some of us will :mrgreen:

If true, you can bet my 30D will be for sale soon. But I will remain skeptical until told otherwise. :)

Good thing you put that up. I bought my 30D and 4 months later the 40D came out. I'm sure I would have bought a 40D 4 months before the 50D showed up :)

I've heard the 60D is really going to smoke the 50D, it's going to be way awesomely better. With features!

I've heard the 60D is really going to smoke the 50D, it's going to be way awesomely better. With features!

Anyway, if you will be able to make it to the Photokina, send me a text on my mobile.

I will be away to Kiruna and beyond for the next 3-4 weeks. But might have mobile coverage once in a week or so.

But not half as good as the 70D!

I am waiting for the 100D! it is supposed to have finally reached the image quality of of my Eos 100 loaded with Fuji Velvia ;)

I am waiting for the 100D! it is supposed to have finally reached the image quality of of my Eos 100 loaded with Fuji Velvia ;)

In fact, it will come loaded with Fuji Velvia :) -- what goes around, comes around

Most reactions

New Topics

Back