canon 50D

electricalperson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
im thinking of buying one of these cameras. the canon 50D. my girlfriend has the 40D and i like it a lot. i bought my dad a nikon d60 and didnt like it so much.

has anyone had any experience with this camera?

I've had a 50D for about 2 months. I moved up from a Rebel. It has been great so far. I like the bigger body compared to the Rebels, it also does much better in low light.
I also really like the 6fps speed that I can shoot now for sports.
They also seem to hold their value pretty well. When I was looking to buy the used ones were within $100-$200 of a new one. I went ahead got mine new.
You should go try one out before you decide. Some people don't like the bigger body and don't like the way it fits in their hand.

The 50D is very similar to the 40D...but with a few good upgrades. So if you like your GF's 40D, I'd say you would like a 50D.

i get my W2 this week so hopefully i get my tax money soon:lol:

how is the standard lens that comes with the camera? is it a decent lens? once i can afford it id like to get the 180mm canon macro lens and a wide angle lens

I don't have the one that came with it, because I bought mine on ebay... Mine however did come with the battery grip, and I can tell you that it is worth the money... Just being able to shoot in portrait orientation without craning your arm into awkward positions makes it worth the money. I'm sure that the 28-135 is enough to get you started.

What do you like taking pictures of the most?

I don't have the one that came with it, because I bought mine on ebay... Mine however did come with the battery grip, and I can tell you that it is worth the money... Just being able to shoot in portrait orientation without craning your arm into awkward positions makes it worth the money. I'm sure that the 28-135 is enough to get you started.

What do you like taking pictures of the most?

i like taking pictures of objects, buildings, landscape and people. i am still learning but i think a camera like this is something i will need. i iike film a lot but i want a digital too. i am slowly learning and opening my mind to put my feelings and visions on paper :)

i am still learning about the darkroom as well :)

looking for a new camera with my tax refund too!
Smile.gif

get the 17-85mm f4-5.6

you'll want the wide angle, and it's got decent zoom for when you need it. if you've got the extra dough, get the f2.3 instead.

here is the kit im going to buy Canon EOS 50D Advanced Kit with Two Lenses, Speedlite, Two 2GB Cards, Tripod & Head, Data Recovery, Warranty and Camera Bag - EC2750K1W -

all the stuff in one kit for a decent price.

me and my girlfriend set up a light kit and a backdrop in the living room today. she is going to take easter portraits of people soon so we were experimenting. very fun. even my pictures came out looking great. we will use the strobe flash when we take the pictures. she is a very good photographer and wants to start a business. i on the other hand is still learning yet i think having good equipment is the best way to learn. that digital camera does everything my film camera does.

the kit comes with a calumet tripod and word on the street is those tripods are pretty nice. im looking forward to get it :) i will post some pictures when i get them

I've got a 50D and compared to the Rebel XT I upgraded from I love it. Although my only real complaint is I get too much noise in shots of anything over 1000iso. Drives me insane. Oh and 2gb is good if you're shooting jpeg. If you're shooting RAW better carry both with you because a 4gb card only holds 172 shots.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back