What's new

Canon 5D HELP!!!

dak1b

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 30, 2009
Messages
1,554
Reaction score
0
Location
Northern California
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello All!

Just recently purchased the Canon 5D. Was working fine..now for some reason it won't take pics? seems like the shutter isn't releasing or something? When I click teh shutter to take a picture it seems like it only goes halfway down and nothing shows up on the lcd...was just working fine a minute ago..wat am I doing wrong here? Please HELP!!!

I think I might have a setting wrong? every time I go into menu and scroll I hear the shutter clicking.

please help i'm a noob to the 5D:blushing:
 
turn it off.. pull the battery and try it again.. my 40D does that sometimes.
 
turn it off.. pull the battery and try it again.. my 40D does that sometimes.

didn't work and I took the memory card as well and switched it with a new one.
is there a setting i have wrong?

it clicks every time I change the battery, swap memory cards...etc..help

I'm using the Canon 100mm Macro lens by the way.
 
Last edited:
Who knows what setting you may have misconstrued.

Go back into the settings and put them to default, see if that helps


It sounds like you may have touched the live view button. Check that out to see if it is in an inbetween position.
 
Who knows what setting you may have misconstrued.

Go back into the settings and put them to default, see if that helps


It sounds like you may have touched the live view button. Check that out to see if it is in an inbetween position.

Put settings back to default...didn't help

and there is no live view option on the Canon 5D MK I

other solutions?
 
hmmm ok now it seems like its working.

my lens was set on 0.48m to infinity

switched it over to 0.31m to infinity and its working now.

is that was caused this issue? does that sound right?

would any lens setting or aperture/shutter speed cause this issue on the 5D?

thank god!!!!! i was a little worried.
 
Last edited:
Weird. First thing I thought was that maybe you had turned on mirror lockup, which means that when you press the shutter release the mirror flips up but the shutter doesn't open until oyu press the shutter button a second time.
 
Weird. First thing I thought was that maybe you had turned on mirror lockup, which means that when you press the shutter release the mirror flips up but the shutter doesn't open until oyu press the shutter button a second time.

that could of been the issue?

at first i thought the shutter was failing...:( but with only 3k actuations that was highly unlikely.

but wtev it was it seems like my 5D is running great!:thumbup:
 
Glad to hear you are back in action!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom