Canon 5D Mark II and Canon 60D

50mm f1.2 L is sometimes overkill for many - read some reviews on it as it is a very expensive choice, esp if you don't feel you'll be using it wide open (f1.2 has a very shallow depth of field - tricky to work with and in many cases overkill). The f1.4 I would say is a more popular/common choice - though in this area the newer Sigma 50mm f1.4 beats the older design Canon 50mm f1.4.

Well, you don't need the L versions of those lenses, they are super expensive but they are also super nice. The regular 50 1.4 and 85 1.8 are still good lenses too...

If you are going to get a 50mm look into the Sigma 50mm f/1.4 before you buy. I plan to have this lens sitting in front of my 5DMKII in a couple of months.

Well I sold my 60D camera and tokina lens for about 1600$. I bought a 580ex II flash, which I dont know about yet? and thinking about a 70-200mm usm IS 4L lens? I do a lot of outdoor photography Any thoughts.

Thanks again

Well I sold my 60D camera and tokina lens for about 1600$. I bought a 580ex II flash, which I dont know about yet? and thinking about a 70-200mm usm IS 4L lens? I do a lot of outdoor photography Any thoughts.

Thanks again

I have the 580EXII and love it, it is a wonderful flash. Plenty of power, and adjustable over a six stop range. I use the Better Beamer with the 120mm-400mm Sig for birding.

If you do paid work, keep the extra body. If not, sell it and get a 50mm and a 85mm lens.
I am not a pro just hooked on photgraphy for about the last 5 years, you saying the L lens in the 50mm amd 85mm?
for the 50 you will most likely not need the L version, the 1.4 is very good already.

If you do paid work, keep the extra body. If not, sell it and get a 50mm and a 85mm lens.
I am not a pro just hooked on photgraphy for about the last 5 years, you saying the L lens in the 50mm amd 85mm?
for the 50 you will most likely not need the L version, the 1.4 is very good already.

I have the 1.8 85mm and that's a very high quality lens also as is the Sigma 85. You don't always have to buy the ones with red lines. (says me and I have the 14L, 16 - 35 II L 24 - 70L 28 - 300L and 70 - 200 2.8 IS L!)>

Most reactions

New Topics

Back