Canon 5D MKIII at 22MP?

Nikon_Josh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was stunned to see today that Canon are ''RUMORED'' to be planning a 22MP sensor for the 5D Mark III? I am shocked, Canon were the company famed for pushing MP levels. Now Nikon are supposedly planning a 36 MP sensor and Canon are staying low. Isn't life ironic at times! ;)

I am really intrigued now to see what Canon serves up, 22MP is more sensible than 36MP in my opinion.

*UPDATE* 5D Mark III – February 7, 2012 [CR2]

I think that the 61pt AF stands out a bit more than the 22MP to me. An area they have been hugely lacking in, seems like may no longer be the case.

Yay for ISO performance over resolution! And the 61 AF points would almost be too good to be true. I hope this bad boy will stay under $3000.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

As said, rummored...

I do not think that you will see a 36 MP sensor from Nikon in many years to come!

Rumor threads are just about shunned around these parts. Like, people seriously hate them. I can't see why, but that's the case, nonetheless. Personally, I'm a bit shocked to see Canon coming out with a 22MP 5DII replacement, when Nikon's is "rumored" to be 36MP. It may seem unlikely for Nikon to participate in the MP race, but it seems even more unlikely for Canon to have abandoned it.

All in all, the post doesn't seem too knowledgeable or certain on..well..just about anything, though. For this one, even I, avid Nikonrumors follower, say this is just that until further notice; a rumor.

Mark

EDIT: Also, the post after that, seen here, clearly states that the camera will not be out on the day previously aforementioned. "cr" Seems to be much less organized and trustworthy than their darker counterpart..

I read awhile back that Canon was planning to split the 5D line. Also totally a rumor, but it might explain the sensor. The 5D II tried to fill a lot of different roles, and there was talk that a "3D" might pick up the high res, low ISO studio role. So maybe that camera, if it exists, will compete with Nikon's 36mp, and this one will be more about high ISO and autofocus (hooray!). Maybe.

Perhaps.

If its posted on the 'net it just HAS to be true
bigthumb.gif

I read awhile back that Canon was planning to split the 5D line. Also totally a rumor, but it might explain the sensor. The 5D II tried to fill a lot of different roles, and there was talk that a "3D" might pick up the high res, low ISO studio role. So maybe that camera, if it exists, will compete with Nikon's 36mp, and this one will be more about high ISO and autofocus (hooray!). Maybe.

Perhaps.

Nikon is supposedly splitting their D800 line as well. One with and one without the AA filter. It should be interesting if the rumored split in the 5DIII line will try anything to rival this.

Mark

Most reactions

New Topics

Back