Canon 6D LCD Screen Protector

Buckster -you have more 'guts' than I do! I figured it would be a whole LCD replacement to replace the screen. Ie, you break the glass on a CRT-style TV set and you are out the price of a whole new picture tube...plus labor. I guess when I succeed in cracking the LCD on my 5D3, I'll have to find a replacement LCD screen and try it myself! (then send it to Canon after I screw it up...if needed)

Buckster -you have more 'guts' than I do! I figured it would be a whole LCD replacement to replace the screen. Ie, you break the glass on a CRT-style TV set and you are out the price of a whole new picture tube...plus labor. I guess when I succeed in cracking the LCD on my 5D3, I'll have to find a replacement LCD screen and try it myself! (then send it to Canon after I screw it up...if needed)
A lot of folks probably assume that what they can touch on the back of the camera is the actual LCD screen, but it's not. It's a screen protector that's easily replaced. :)

ETA - Also worth noting: Even if you DID have to replace the ACTUAL LCD screen behind the protector, they can be had for about $20 or less as well (+S/H), and aren't terribly difficult to replace either.

Most reactions

Back